How To Set Up CrossfireX Port Forwarding In A Few Simple Steps
CrossfireX is a first-person shooter that is an Xbox exclusive. Remedy Entertainment developed the single-player mode, while a different company, Smilegate worked on the free-to-play multiplayer mode. CrossfireX is actually a console version of the earlier Crossfire game released in 2007, with some notable additions. Its free-to-play multiplayer mode is by far its most popular mode as it pits two opposing teams against one another, similar to Counter-Strike Go. Different modes within the multiplayer mode, such as the Spectre mode and the Modern mode, give teams unique abilities such as invisibility or knives-only in weapons. If you enjoy playing CrossfireX online with your friends, you can increase that fun with CrossfireX port forwarding. It’s completely safe and easy to set up. Learn more about it below.
Getting Started With Crossfire X Port Forwarding
When you’re online, all your internet traffic is directed to the public IP. Your router represents your public IP, but probably connects to a bunch of devices within your home. With port forwarding, you can quickly establish a direct connection between your dedicated gaming device and other players online by instructing your router to direct that specific traffic to your device. You can expect improvements such as better ping times, faster data flow, and, most importantly, a more stable connection.
Things You’ll Need Beforehand
Here’s all you’ll need before you can set up CrossfireX port forwarding:
- Your router’s IP Address (Read the section below to learn how)
- Your PC/gaming console’s IP Address (Read our detailed PlayStation 4 and Xbox One Port Forwarding guides to learn how)
- A list of TCP and UDP Ports to forward (Find these listed in the very last section below)
Find Out Your Router’s IP Address
Here’s how to find out your router’s IP address in a matter of minutes:
- Search for Command Prompt from the Windows search bar.
- In the Command Prompt window, type in “ipconfig/all”.
- Your router’s IP Address will be listed next to Default Gateway.
How To Forward Ports
Once you have all the info mentioned above, here’s all you’ll need to do:
- Open any web browser and log in to the router (To log in, enter the router’s IP Address in the browser’s address bar).
- Scroll down to the port forwarding section.
- Fill in the PC or gaming console’s IP Address in the relevant fields.
- Similarly, enter the TCP and UDP ports in their appropriate boxes.
- Save the settings and reboot the router for the changes to take effect.
Ports To Forward
Here are the ports you’ll need to forward:
Protocol TCP: 3074
Protocol UDP: 88,500,3074,3544,4500