Dark and Light Port Forwarding Step-by-Step Guide
Dark and Light is an action-adventure, massively multiplayer online (MMO) role-playing simulation game released in 2017 by Snail Games. Dark and Light is extraordinarily diverse in the gameplay genre it offers, as players are required to exhibit excellent reflexes throughout the game. While there is an overarching story, players have complete control over how they choose to approach the game, both online and in the single-player mode. The online arena is particularly enjoyable as thousands of players can participate in a single-arena and duel it out, just like in World of Warcraft or DOTA 2. If you’re planning on taking on that many players, you may find that Dark and Light port forwarding can increase your gaming experience and give you a slight edge over the rest. How? Learn more about it below.
Getting Started With Dark and Light Port Forwarding
In simple terms, port forwarding creates a direct connection between you and the other players online. It does so by informing your router about a specific incoming connection request, which is to be directed towards your gaming device. It’s completely safe and can be done within a few minutes. As a result of port forwarding, you can expect better ping times, faster data flow, and most importantly, a much-improved gaming experience.
Things You’ll Need Beforehand
You’ll need three basic things before you can get started with the port forwarding process. These are:
- Your router’s IP Address (Read the section below to learn how)
- Your PC/gaming console’s IP Address (Read our detailed PlayStation 4 and Xbox One Port Forwarding guides to learn how)
- A list of TCP and UDP Ports to forward (Find these listed in the very last section below)
Find Out Your Router’s IP Address
Finding out your router’s IP Address is relatively easy. Just follow these steps:
- Search for Command Prompt or “CMD” from the Windows search bar.
- In the Command Prompt window, type in “ipconfig/all”.
- The router’s IP Address is mentioned right next to Default Gateway.
How To Forward Ports
Dark and Light Port Forwarding is safe and highly effective. Here’s how to set it up in a few simple steps:
- Open any web browser and log in to the router (To log in, enter the router’s IP Address in the browser’s address bar).
- Find the port forwarding section.
- Enter the PC or gaming console’s IP address in the relevant fields.
- Similarly, enter the TCP and UDP ports in their appropriate boxes.
- Save the settings and reboot the router for the changes to take effect.
Ports To Forward
Here are the ports you’ll need to forward:
Protocol TCP: 27015-27030,27036-27037
Protocol UDP: 4380,27000-27031,27036