Dead by Daylight Port Forwarding Made Easy & Simple
Dead by Daylight was published and released in 2016. To enjoy this game with friends and family, you need to open and share ports, also called Port forwarding. Before getting started on Dead by Daylight port forwarding, you should know what the game has to offer. Dead by Daylight features the following styles of play:
- Action games: In this mode, the player is at the center of an evolving situation.
- Adventure: In this style, a storyline drives the game. The storyline draws inspiration from movies and books.
- Survival games: In this mode, the player’s ability to stay alive throughout the game is on the test. The main focus is on the conservation of health and armory. These games are mostly post-apocalyptic, supernatural, and horrific.
- Stealth games: This features strong strategy and shadows, muffled clothing, hiding, and disguises to overcome the enemies. To attack the enemy, the player can choose to employ a subtle or direct approach.
Getting Started With Dead by Daylight: Open Ports
To enjoy a stable and fast network while playing Dead by Daylight, you may need to open some ports to your router. The routers’ designs are such that they do not allow incoming network requests. Thus, opening ports makes it possible to forward incoming connections to the game through the router.
Things You’ll Need Beforehand
To open Dead by Daylight ports, you need the following information beforehand:
- Your router’s IP address.
- Your gaming console or PC’s IP address.
- The TCP and UDP ports you will forward.
Finding Out Your Router’s IP Address
Finding your router’s IP address is straightforward as follows:
- Type Command Prompt on the Windows search bar.
- Type “ipconfig/all” on the open Command Prompt window.
- Your router’s IP address will appear next to Default Gateway.
How to Open Ports
The following is the general process of attaining Dead by Daylight port forwarding:
- Log in to your router
- Find the port forwarding section of your router
- Input your gaming device’s IP address on the appropriate box
- Input the game’s UDP and TCP ports in the respective boxes
- Reboot your router to effect the changes.
Ports to Forward
Dead by Daylight: Open Ports that you will forward include:
Protocol TCP: 27036-27037, 27015-27030
Protocol UDP: 27036, 27000-27031, 4380
Protocol TCP: 3074
Protocol UDP: 4500, 3544, 3074, 500, 88
Protocol TCP: 3478-3480, 1935
Protocol UDP: 3478-3479, 3074
Protocol TCP: 29920, 29901, 29900, 28910, 12400, 6667
Protocol UDP: 1-65535