Your router features a firewall that blocks unauthorized connections to your home network. This feature protects your system from hacker access. However, if you want to game Destiny 2 effectively, you will need to forward some ports on your router and allow specific connections from other gaming devices on your network. Port forwarding Destiny 2 enables you to add more people to your tower, enhances your ability to lead a Fireteam, and reduces the risk of failures during missions and strikes. Also, with port forwarding, you can minimize the random disconnects commonly caused by an unstable internet connection. We give you a step-by-step guide on how to set up Destiny 2 port forwarding on your own and take your gaming experience to another level.
Things You’ll Need Beforehand
Before port forwarding Destiny 2, you will need to gather the following information:
- Your router’s IP address
- Your gaming console or PC IP address
- The TCP and UDP ports that you will forward
Finding Out Your Router’s IP Address
To find your router’s IP address, follow the following simple steps:
- On the windows search bar, enter the Command Prompt.
- Input “ipconfig/all” on the Command Prompt window
- The IP address of your router will appear next to Default Gateway.
Related: How to Find Your Router IP Address
How To Port Forward Destiny 2
The process of port forwarding Destiny 2 comprises the following steps:
- Open a browser, either Chrome, Internet Explorer, Edge, or Firefox. You need a browser to access your router’s pages due to its web interface feature.
- Find the address bar on your browser, replace the address with your router’s IP address, and press enter to open your router’s home page.
- On your router’s homepage, enter the login credentials and press Enter.
- Find the router’s settings menu
- Find the port forwarding section
- On the port forwarding section, enter the details you collected beforehand.
- Enter your router’s IP address
- Input your PC or gaming console’s IP address
- Input the port numbers for Destiny 2
- Restart your router to effect the above changes and forward your ports
- To check if your desired port is open or closed, head over to Port Checker Tool.
Port Forward Destiny 2
Ports to Forward for Destiny 2
The following comprises a list of ports to forward for Destiny 2:
Destiny 2 – PlayStation 4
Destiny 2 – Steam
Destiny 2 – Xbox Series X
Destiny 2 – Playstation 5