Diablo II: Resurrected is an action role-playing video game that looks to bring back the magic of Diablo 2. With this remastered version, players can enjoy hours upon hours fighting through hoards of undead enemies and earning new weapons and armor along the way!
Getting Started With Diablo II – Resurrection Port Forwarding
To play Diablo II – Resurrection, you will need to connect your device to the internet behind a router. As a security feature, routers feature a firewall that blocks incoming requests from the internet. This firewall keeps your home network safe from malicious traffic and hacker attempts. However, games such as Diablo II – Resurrection will play better if you open some ports on your router. Therefore, port forwarding Diablo II – Resurrection takes your gaming experience to the next level by minimizing lags, pings, enabling you to make video calls and chat with other gamers online. However, we understand that very few gamers can perform this trick on their own, which is why we are giving you a step-by-step procedure in this guide.
Related: What is Port Forwarding
Things You’ll Need for a Successful Port Forwarding Rule
For Diablo II – Resurrection port forwarding, you will need the following details;
- The IP address of your router.
- The IP address of your gaming console, that is, your PC, PlayStation or Xbox One. This address can be static or dynamic. A dynamic IP address changes over time, while a static IP address will remain the same in case of a power outage, disconnection of the other device, or if your device reboots. Thus, for successful port forwarding, you will need a static IP address of your gaming console, as the process will not break in any of the above scenarios.
- The UDP and TCP ports.
Locating Your Router’s IP Address
Routers feature an IP address, which is a series of numbers separated by dots. To find out your router’s IP address, follow the steps below:
- Click the Windows Start icon on your PC, and on the Windows Search bar, type Command Prompt
- On the open Command Prompt window and type ipconfig/all
- You will see your router’s IP address next to the Default Gateway title.
How to Port Forward Diablo II – Resurrection
Diablo II – Resurrection port forwarding comprises the steps below:
- Log in to your router. Most router models feature a web interface. This means that to log in and access the setup page for port forwarding, Wi-Fi password change, or network name change, you will need a web browser. This could be Chrome, Microsoft Edge, or Mozilla Firefox. On your chosen browser, proceed with the steps below:
- Find the Address bar and enter your router’s IP, then press Enter. This action will open a window prompting you to log in with your router’s credentials.
- Use your router’s default credentials to log in or your updated details if you had changed them before. If unable to log in using your credentials, you may need to hard reset your router, but this will restore your router to factory settings.
- On your router’s home page, find the Port Forwarding section. Depending on your router model, this section could be under Apps and Gaming or Virtual Server.
- Click the Port Forwarding tab to open it.
- On the Port Forwarding page, enter a name for this entry in the Service box. This name serves to remind you why you created this entry and does not affect the configuration.
- Enter your router’s IP address in the appropriate box
- Enter your gaming console’s IP address in the appropriate box
- Select the protocol in the Protocol drop-down. Depending on your router model, the protocols could be TCP, UDP, or Both. If your router has the Both protocol, you will create one port forward entry. Otherwise create two, if it has the TCP and UDP protocols.
- Enter the port numbers for Diablo II – Resurrection in the appropriate boxes.
- Restart your router to effect these changes
- Test your ports to check whether they opened successfully.
Ports to Forward for Diablo II – Resurrection
The following comprises a list of ports that you will forward for Diablo II – Resurrection:
Diablo II – Resurrection – Xbox Series X
|UDP:||88, 500, 3074, 3544, 4500|
Diablo II – Resurrection – PC
Diablo II – Resurrection – Xbox One
|UDP:||88, 500, 3074, 3544, 4500|
Diablo II – Resurrection – PlayStation 5
Diablo II – Resurrection – Switch
|UDP:||1119, 6667, 12400, 29901, 29920, 28910, 29900|
Diablo II – Resurrection – PlayStation 4