Dragon Quest X is a Japanese role-playing video game (RPG). It was first released for the Wii in 2012. The game follows four heroes as they journey to save their world from an evil force.
Getting Started with Dragon Quest X Port Forwarding
Routers feature a firewall that blocks incoming requests from the internet. However, games like Dragon Quest X will play better if you open some ports on your router. Port forwarding Dragon Quest X bypasses the firewall limitation and allows other players to connect with minimum disconnections caused by network instability. Dragon Quest X port forwarding also enables you to host the game, make video calls, and chat with other players, taking your gaming to the next level. We will give you a step-by-step procedure on how to port forward Dragon Quest X in this guide.
Related: What is Port Forwarding
Things You’ll Need Beforehand
Before port forwarding Dragon Quest X, you will need to gather the following details:
- The IP address of your gaming console or PC. This address can be static or dynamic. A static IP address will remain unchanged in case of a power interruption, if the other device disconnects, or if your device reboots. Dynamic addresses, on the other hand, will change in case of any of the above scenarios. Thus, for successful port forwarding, you will need to use a static IP address of your gaming device. This address will also save on downtime caused by the port forwarding break as the other devices try to reconnect using the new address.
- A list of the UDP and TCP ports to forward for Dragon Quest X.
- The IP address of your router
Finding Your Router’s IP Address
An IP address is a special series of numbers separated by dots that identifies devices within a network. To find out your router’s IP address, follow the steps below:
- Type Command Prompt on the Windows Search bar
- Type ipconfig/all on the open Command Prompt
- The IP address of your router will be displayed next to the Default Gateway title.
How to Port Forward Dragon Quest X
Dragon Quest X port forwarding is a simple procedure comprising a few mouse clicks, yet only a few gamers can perform this trick on their own. To set up a port forwarding rule, follow the steps below:
- Log in to your router. Routers feature a web interface. This means that to log in and access its set up page for configurations such as port forwarding, Wi-Fi password, and network name change, you will need a web browser. This could be Chrome, Microsoft Edge, or Mozilla Firefox. On your chosen browser, proceed with the steps below to log in.
- Enter your router’s IP address on the address bar and press Enter. This action will open a window prompting you to log in with your credentials.
- Type in your router’s default credentials or updated logins if you had changed them. If you cannot remember these details, you will need to hard reset your router. However, this should be the last resort as you will lose all your router settings.
- Find the Port Forwarding section on your router. Depending on your router model, you will find this section under Apps and Gaming or Virtual Server. Click the Port Forwarding tab to open it.
- Click the Service tab and enter a name to remind you why you created this entry.
- Enter the IP address of your gaming console or PC in the appropriate box
- Select the protocol in the protocol dropdown. Depending on your router model, you will have either the Both or TCP/UDP protocols. If you have the Both protocol, you will create one port forward entry and two if your router has the TCP/UDP protocols.
- Enter the TCP and UDP ports of Dragon Quest X in the respective boxes.
- Reboot your router to effect the above changes.
- Test your ports to check if they opened successfully.
Ports to Forward for Dragon Quest X
The following comprises a list of ports that you will forward for Dragon Quest X
Dragon Quest X – Wii
|TCP:||12400, 29900, 28910, 29901, 6667, 29920|
Dragon Quest X – PlayStation 4
Dragon Quest X – Switch
|TCP:||12400, 6667, 28910, 29901, 29900, 29920|