Here’s How To Set Up Factorio Port Forwarding In A Few Minutes
Factorio was released in 2020 after being developed by Wube Software. The game is an action, real-time, strategy, survival, simulation, open-world, and 2D game that borrows most of its gameplay elements from World of Warcraft and DOTA 2. Apart from that, the game’s matches are typically fast-paced and requires players to jump over obstacles, climb ladders, and develop strategies. As you can probably guess, this becomes instantly more fun when you’re playing online with other players or your friends. This is where you will find Factorio port forwarding of interest. Why? Read more below to find out:
Getting Started With Factorio Port Forwarding
Port forwarding creates a direct connection between your gaming console/PC and the player you want to play online. Regardless of whether you have a TP-Link or Netgear router, all incoming connections are screened unless they’re directed via your router’s port forwarding section to go directly to the specified gaming console/PC at the end of the connection. As you’ll learn below, this entire process is entirely safe and simple to set up. It leaves you with better ping times, a stabler connection, and an overall much better gameplay.
Things You’ll Need Beforehand
You’ll only need three things before you can get started with Factorio port forwarding. These are:
- Your router’s IP Address, which you can get by reading the section below
- Your PC/gaming console’s IP Address, which you can access by reading our detailed Xbox One/PlayStation 4 guides·
- You’ll need to forward the TCP and UDP ports, which are on the bottom of this page
Find Out Your Router’s IP Address
Follow these steps to find out your router’s IP Address, and it shouldn’t take more than a couple of minutes:
- Go to the Windows search bar and type “Command Prompt” or “cmd”.
- Once the Command Prompt window is open, type in “ipconfig”.
- Your router’s IP Address should be right there next to Default Gateway.
How To Forward Ports
Besides being completely safe, port forwarding is relatively easy to set up, provided you know what you’re doing. Follow the instructions below, and you won’t have any issues setting up Factorio port forwarding on your PC/gaming console:
- Open any web browser of your choice and log in to your router (Enter your router’s IP Address in the browser’s search bar, and it’ll lead you straight to the login screen).
- Scroll down and find the Port Forwarding section.
- Carefully enter the IP Address of your PC/gaming console in the relevant boxes.
- Similarly, enter the TCP and UDP ports in the appropriate boxes (Find these in the section below).
- Save the settings and reboot for these changes to take effect.
Ports To Forward
Just forward these ports:
Protocol TCP: 27015-27030,27036-27037
Protocol UDP: 4380,27000-27031,27036,34197