Set Up Fantasy Grounds Port Forwarding in the Simplest Way
SmiteWorks Company released Fantasy Grounds in 2004 as a role-playing tabletop game system. The game is about role-playing where a player can virtually roll the dice and is started by the game master on the controls system. It is well organized with maps (featuring grids), rules, reference materials, and you can save previous sessions. It also allows single players and remote players to join. The game offers different interfaces for different games, depending on your selection. You can also customize it to suit your preference. Here’s how Fantasy Grounds Port Forwarding can help you enjoy the game more.
Getting Started With Fantasy Grounds Port Forwarding
To enable players to join a game remotely, you need to know about Fantasy Grounds port forwarding, where you can link other devices to function at once. Players in the network require an IP address to join the game with the game master’s help. Others outside the system will also rely on the configuration of the game master’s router.
Before You Get Started on Port Forwarding
- Start the game.
- Click on the creation of a new campaign.
- Go to address information to find the internal IP configuration (you will find the address written in four different number sections).
Using Your Router for Port Forwarding
First, you need to know your router’s model number; check the sticker on its side for an inscription once identified, navigate to the IP address on a browser.
The following are step-by-step instructions on port forwarding Fantasy Grounds.
- From home, click on the list of programs.
- Use Ctrl+F to find a new window then type Fantasy Grounds. Click the provided link.
- Select the model of your router from the list provided. (In case it is not available, select the one with the most similar interface).
- You will be required to set up one port (1802 TCP) under the setting for port forwarding.
- For this port, add UDP, particularly for the game Fantasy Grounds.
- Test run on the screen (usually a green message pops to show that it was successful).
Ports To Forward in Fantasy Grounds
The ports you need for Fantasy Grounds are:
Protocol TCP: 27036-27037, 1802, 27015-27030
Protocol UDP: 27000-27013, 4380, 27036