The FIFA 2021 game is a great way to be entertained. It has various levels that will fully engage the player in its gameplay, bringing them on an exciting adventure into soccer. The graphics are high quality and interesting as well as realistic enough for players to enjoy themselves while playing it with friends or family members; both online and offline modes make this possible, which provides even more opportunity for entertainment.
Getting Started with FIFA 21 Port Forwarding
To protect your home network from malicious traffic and hacker attempts, routers feature a basic firewall. This firewall blocks unauthorized incoming connections from the internet. However, FIFA 21 will play better if you open some ports on your router. FIFA 21 port forwarding enables you to play with minimum disconnections, pings, and lags for an amazing gaming experience. Despite being a useful gaming trick, very few players can perform this trick on their own.
Here is a step-by-step procedure to enable you to take your gaming experience to the next level.
Related: What is Port Forwarding
Things You’ll Need Beforehand
To port forward FIFA 21, you will need to gather the following details in advance:
- The IP address of your gaming device. For successful FIFA 21 port forwarding, you will need a static IP address of your gaming device. A static IP address will remain unchanged in case of a power outage, the other device disconnects, or your device reboots.
- A list of the UDP and TCP ports for FIFA 21 to forward
- The IP address of your router
Finding Your Router’s IP Address
Your router’s IP address identifies it on the internet. This address is also useful if you want to log in and access your router’s setup page for configurations such as Wi-Fi password, port forwarding, and network name change. To find out your router’s IP address, follow the steps below:
- Click the Start icon on your PC. Type Command Prompt on the Windows Search bar that will slide open.
- This will open the Command Prompt window. On it, type ipconfig/all.
- Look for the Default Gateway title. Your IP address is located next to it.
How to Port Forward FIFA 21
FIFA 21 port forwarding is a simple process comprising the steps below:
- Log in to your router. Since routers feature a web interface, you will need a web browser such as Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, or Chrome to log in and access the setup page. On your chosen browser, follow the steps below to log in:
- Enter your router’s IP address on the address bar and, and press Enter. A window will open requesting you to log in with your details.
- Enter your router’s default credentials or updated details if you had changed them in the past. However, if you have forgotten these details, you will need to hard reset your router. A hard reset should be the last resort since it restores your router to its default settings.
- Navigate to the Port Forwarding section of your router. You will find this section under Virtual Server or Apps and Gaming. Click the Port Forwarding tab to open.
- Enter a name in the Service box to remind you why you created this port forward entry. This name does not affect the port forwarding process.
- Enter the IP address of your gaming device in the applicable box
- On the Protocol dropdown, choose your desired protocol. If your router supports the Both protocol, you will create one entry. Otherwise, create two if it supports the TCP/UDP protocols.
- Enter the UDP and TCP ports for FIFA 21 in the corresponding boxes, paying attention to the single ports and those occurring in a range.
- Sometimes, you will need to restart your router to effect these changes.
- Test your ports to check if they opened successfully.
Ports to Forward for FIFA 21
The following is the list of ports you will forward for FIFA 21, depending on your console.
FIFA 21 – PC
|TCP:||8080, 9988, 9946, 10000-20000, 3569, 42124|
FIFA 21 – PlayStation 4
|TCP:||3659, 3478-3480, 10000-10099, 1935,42127|
|UDP:||3659, 3478-3479, 3074, 6000|
FIFA 21 – PlayStation 5
|TCP:||3478-3480, 10000-10099, 3659, 1935, 42127|
|UDP:||3659, 3478-3479, 3074, 6000|
FIFA 21 – Steam
|TCP:||3569, 9946, 10000-20000, 9988, 27015-27030, 27036-27037, 8080, 42124|
|UDP:||4380, 27000-27031, 9000-9999, 3659, 27036|
FIFA 21 – Xbox One
|UDP:||88, 3074, 3659, 3544, 500, 4500|
FIFA 21 – Xbox Series X
|UDP:||88, 3074, 500, 3544, 4500, 3659|
FIFA 21 – Switch
|TCP:||6667, 28910, 29901, 29900, 12400, 29920|