Getting Started With GTA Online Port Forwarding
GTA Online has its own mechanisms that allow users to connect to their friends within the game. However, you’ll still find yourself facing connectivity and stability issues. In such cases, you’ll find your gaming experience significantly enhanced if you decide to try GTA Online Port Forwarding. You might have heard a lot of things about Port Forwarding, some positive, some negative. You can read our detailed guides about Port Forwarding, whether it’s safe and why it might be the best option to go for.
Before You Forward a Port
There are three critical things you’ll need before you can start with GTA Online Port Forwarding. These are:
- The IP Address of your router.
- The IP Address of your gaming console/PC (You can learn more about how you can find out your Xbox and PlayStation IP Addresses in our earlier guides)
- A list of TCP and UDP Ports that you’ll forward.
Find Your Router’s IP Address
Finding out the IP Address of your router is relatively simple and takes a few minutes. Here’s how:
- Open Command Prompt from the Start menu.
- Type “ipconfig”.
- Your router’s IP Address should be stated across Default Gateway.
How to Forward Ports
Once you have all these addresses and the relevant ports, it’s all a simple matter of knowing where to enter what. Here’s a step-by-step breakdown of the whole process:
- Open your web browser and type in your router’s IP Address in the URL.
- Log in to your router and scroll down to the Port Forwarding section.
- Enter the IP Address of your PC or gaming device in the appropriate box.
- Enter the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the relevant boxes (Find them listed in the section below).
- Save these and reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Ports to Forward
You can use the following ports on your gaming consoles and PCs for GTA Online Port Forwarding:
Protocol TCP: None-
Protocol UDP: 6672, 61455-61458
Protocol TCP: 3074
Protocol UDP: 88, 500, 3074, 3544, 4500, 6672, 61455-61458
Protocol TCP: 1935, 3478-3480
Protocol UDP: 3074, 3478-3479, 6672, 61455-61458
Protocol TCP: 3074
Protocol UDP: 88, 3074, 6672 ,61455-61458
Protocol TCP: 3478-3480, 5223, 8080
Protocol UDP: 3074, 3478-3479, 3658, 6672, 61455-61458