Homeworld is a real-time strategy game developed by Relic Entertainment. The game features various single-player campaign missions along with a multiplayer mode. You can choose different tactics, units, and formations to defeat enemy lines.
But to experience Homeworld without any interruptions, you have to utilize port forwarding. Got no clue what that is? This guide will explain everything about Homeworld port forwarding for you.
Things You Need for Port Forwarding Homeworld
So before we forward ports, we need to collect and ensure a few things. Here is everything you need for Homeworld port forwarding:
- The Homeworld software package (here) must be downloaded and installed on your device.
- You also need the IP address of your router.
- Note down your gaming device/console’s IP address.
- Finally, you require the TCP and UDP ports for forwarding the Homeworld server port.
Port forwarding Homeworld – A Step-by-Step Guide
After you have everything ready, you are all set to forward a few ports. Here are the detailed instructions for port forwarding Homeworld:
- Open a web browser in your system.
- Instead of a URL, type your router’s IP address in the address/search bar.
- Press Enter.
- Log into the router settings using your user credentials (username and password).
- Go to the Port forwarding section now.
- Enter the IP address of your gaming device/console in the window.
- Enter the TCP and UDP ports required for Homeworld server port forwarding.
- The default TCP ports are – 7777, 28900, 28910, and the default UDP port are 7777, 27900.
- Click the Apply button and save these changes.
- If the changes are not reflected immediately, restart your router.
Port Forwarding Homeworld – TCP and UDP Ports
You must forward a few ports if you wish to play Homeworld online without interruptions. The default TCP and UDP ports for Homeworld are:
- TCP Port – 7777, 28900, 28910.
- UDP Port – 7777, 27900.
Ports for Devices – Homeworld
Homeworld ports – Windows/PC:
- TCP – 7777, 28900, 28910
- UDP – 7777, 27900
How to Open Ports Behind CGNAT
CGNAT may be the reason why you are struggling to forward these ports. This technique translates different private IPs to the same public address. CGNAT allows service providers to conserve usable IPs in this manner. But this shared IP policy considerably complicates port forwarding.
Getting past CGNAT and its restrictions requires a solid solution. A port forwarding add-on can help you open ports without the hassle behind CGNAT.
Learn more about how you can use a port forwarding add-on to bypass CGNAT in a few clicks.
Port Forwarding Add-on – A Practical Solution
A secure way to open all ports
Port forwarding is hard to manage for most people. That is mainly because of the difference in the builds of the various routers. So your router is not the one used in the instructions. Chances are you are going to struggle.
Next, your ISP can also reject your port forwarding requests. That happens due to some well-defined security risks attached to the process. Your system firewall also blocks ports for the same reason.
You can bypass it easily by using a port forwarding add-on. A reliable add-on can quickly improve your Homeworld gaming experience, manage all your ports for you and bypass CGNAT. And as a plus, your download and upload speeds boost when you utilize a port forwarding add-on.