How to Port Forward Lost Ark on your device at home
Looking to Port Forward Lost Ark? The steps in this article should make it simple. Port Forwarding is useful for getting seamless access to online gaming sites like Steam instead of having trouble with the connection every time there is a game update for people who don’t really know how to do it.
By the way, if your router didn’t come with a user manual or you can’t seem to figure out where to do it on your own, look it up as soon as possible. If you are unfamiliar with Port Forwarding, it is the process of opening up ports in your router for specific applications and games to connect to the internet without being blocked or experiencing high pings.
Find out everything you need to know about Port Forwarding Lost Ark in this step by step guide.
Lost Ark Port Forwarding made simple
When playing multiplayer games on your PC, you will need to forward IP addresses and ports in order to host the game. This is the case with the PC version of the game Lost Ark. It is critical that you forward the correct ports in your router to allow incoming connections for all players in order for your game to be more enjoyable.
Port Forwarding is simple, but it necessitates mapping a port number to a specific port or address. Not all routers are capable of properly forwarding ports, but there is one router that makes it simple to forward ports in Lost Ark.
The Asus RT-N12 is a Wireless N300 cable modem router. You will need your external IP address and specific port numbers to forward ports in Lost Ark. All you have to do after installing the RT-N12 is follow the steps below and you will be able to forward ports within no time.
Ports needed to run Lost Ark
Here are the specific ports you need to run for Lost Ark:
Ports to forward on Steam
How to enable Lost Ark Port Forwarding
Before Port Forwarding Lost Ark, the following are the things you need to know:
- Your router’s IP address
- The IP address for your PC or gaming console
- The TCP and UDP ports you need to open (more on this below).
Once you know these 3 things, here’s what you need to do:
- In your browser’s address bar, enter the router’s IP address.
- Log in using the router’s user id and password.
- Navigate to your router’s “Port Forwarding” settings.
- Fill in the corresponding fields with your PC’s IP address, TCP and UDP ports.
- Save the changes and restart the router.
Why use a Port Forwarding Add-on
A Port Forwarding add-on can greatly improve your gaming experience. It allows you to connect to other players on different servers and allows for more seamless patch updates. You can also prevent lagging issues because a Port Forwarding add-on connects directly to the server running the game rather than going through a third-party program or service. If you are experiencing lag or are unable to connect to your game server, Port Forwarding add-on may be the solution you seek.
Benefits of using the Port Forwarding add-on
Here’s what you get with a Port Forwarding add-on:
- Boosts your gaming experience by increasing connection speed or granting access to remote servers
- Prevents you from losing games or experiencing constant lag when hosting multiplayer games
- Allows for greater control over the host of a multiplayer game, including the ability to customize player permissions and security levels
- Enhances remote access to a computer that can be accessed from a location other than the home network