Medieval II – Total War Port Forwarding
If you’re looking for a strategy video game that will keep your brain working overtime, look no further. Medieval II: Total War by The Creative Assembly and published by Sega has been called “an epic war between two great powers” with its deep gameplay mechanics making it hard to put down once started!
Getting Started with Medieval II – Total War Port Forwarding
Routers feature a firewall that blocks unauthorized incoming connections from the internet. This feature secures your home network from hacker attempts and malicious traffic. However, some apps and games like Medieval II – Total War will play better if you open some ports on your router. This is because port forwarding Medieval II – Total War stabilizes and improves your connection speed for a fantastic gaming experience. Through port forwarding, gamers can also host games, make video calls, and chat with other online players.
Here is a step-by-step guide on how to port forward Medieval II – Total War on your own.
Related: What is Port Forwarding
Things You’ll Need Beforehand
To port forward Medieval II – Total War, you will need to gather the following details beforehand:
- The IP address of your gaming console or PC. This address can be dynamic or static. A dynamic IP address will change in case of a power outage, the other device disconnects, or your device reboots. Therefore, using this address for port forwarding will interrupt the process due to the downtime that will result if any of the above occurs as the devices try reconnecting using the new address. On the other hand, a static IP address will remain unchanged in the case of the above scenarios, making it ideal for port forwarding. Therefore, for successful port forwarding, you will need the static IP address of your gaming device.
- The UDP and TCP ports for Medieval II – Total War to forward
- The IP address of your router
Finding Your Router’s IP Address
An IP address is a unique number that identifies devices on the internet. To find out your router’s IP address, follow the steps below:
- Click the Windows Icon on your PC. Type Command Prompt on the open Windows Search bar.
- The Command Prompt will open. On it, type ipconfig/all.
- Check next to the Default Gateway title for your router’s IP address.
How to Port Forward Medieval II – Total War
Medieval II – Total War port forwarding is a useful gaming trick, but only a few players can set this configuration on their own. To port forward Medieval II – Total War, follow the steps below:
- Log in to your router. Since routers feature a web interface, you will need a web browser such as Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, or Chrome to log in and access its set up page. On your chosen browser, log in with the steps below:
- Find the address bar and enter your router’s IP address, and press Enter. This action will open a window prompting you to log in with your credentials.
- Use your default credentials to log in or your updated details if you had changed them in the past. However, if you cannot remember your updated details, you will need to hard reset your router. A hard reset should be the last resort as it restores your router to its factory settings.
- Find the Port Forwarding section. Depending on your router model, you will find this section under Apps and Gaming or Virtual Server. Click the Port Forwarding tab to open it.
- On the Port Forwarding page, click the Service tab and enter a name to remind you why you created this entry.
- Enter the IP address of your PC or gaming console in the appropriate box
- Select the protocol in the Protocol dropdown. You will create two entries if your router supports TCP/UDP protocols. Otherwise, create one if it supports the Both Protocol.
- Enter the UDP and TCP ports for Medieval II – Total War in the corresponding boxes in your router, paying attention to the single ports and those occurring in a range.
- Occasionally, you may have to restart your router to effect the above changes.
- Test your ports to check whether they opened successfully.
Ports to Forward for Medieval II – Total War
The following is the list of ports that you will forward for Medieval II – Total War:
Medieval II: Total War – PC
|TCP:||6500, 6667, 18321, 27750, 13139, 27900, 6515,28900, 3783, 29900-29901|
|UDP:||6515, 13139, 8871, 18321, 27900, 27750|