In case you didn’t know, Minecraft is a highly popular open-world, survival, and adventure game. In the age of realistic graphics, Minecraft is one of the few titles still going strong based on pure gameplay since 2011. Since it’s open-world, users can create immersive worlds. However, if you want to let your friends connect with this digital world, you’ll need Minecraft Port Forwarding set up on your router. Read on below to find out more about Minecraft Port Forwarding.
Getting Started With Minecraft Port Forwarding
Port Forwarding is a simple technique that allows users to access gaming servers, shared computers, or security cameras from a remote location. You can find out more about Port Forwarding and whether it’s safe or not in our detailed guides. With Minecraft Port Forwarding, you can enjoy the game with your friends and have a better experience overall.
Things To Know Before You Port Forward
Here are all the things and info you need before you can initiate Minecraft Port Forwarding:
- Your router’s IP Address
- Your PC/Gaming console’s IP Address (Read our PS4 and Xbox One Port Forwarding guides to learn how to find these out)
- The TCP/UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
How to Find Your Router’s IP Address
Finding your router’s IP address is a matter of minutes. Here’s how:
- Open Command Prompt
- Type in “ipconfig”.
- You’ll see your router’s IP Address next to Default Gateway.
Minecraft Port Forwarding Made Easy
The process of forwarding your ports is straightforward. All you need to know are the correct IP addresses and where to put them. Here’s the entire process:
- Log in to your router via any web browser.
- Find the Port Forwarding section.
- Add the IP address of your PC or gaming console in the relevant box.
- Insert the TCP and UDP ports for the game in the matching boxes. (Scroll down to find out which ports to use).
- Reboot your router for these changes to take effect.
Which Ports To Use
Use the following ports on your gaming consoles and PC for optimum results.
Protocol TCP: 3074
Protocol UDP: 88, 500, 3074, 3544, 4500, 1935, 3478-3480
Protocol TCP: 25565
Protocol UDP: 19132- 19133, 25565
Protocol TCP: 1935, 3478-3480
Protocol UDP: 3074, 3478-3479, 19132-19133
Protocol TCP: 3074
Protocol UDP: 88, 3074
Protocol TCP: 3478-3480, 5223, 8080
Protocol UDP: 3074, 3478-3479, 3658