Call of Duty Modern Warfare Port Forwarding in the Easiest Way
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare is a first-person shooter and action game released in 2019 by Activision for Microsoft Windows, Xbox, and PlayStation.
Getting Started With Modern Warfare Port Forwarding
While gaming Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, you may need to port forward if you connect your PC or gaming console through a router. Port forwarding is a useful gaming trick that enables you to have a fantastic gaming experience. It does this by stabilizing your internet, thus reducing lag. Routers are designed with a basic firewall that blocks incoming connections. They do not allow incoming network requests, yet some games such as Call of Duty: Modern Warfare will play better when you forward an incoming connection through your router to the game. Port forwarding COD: Modern Warfare ports will give you a direct connection to the server for an enjoyable gaming experience. However, the challenge is that the entire process can be tricky for some players. Therefore, to learn how to port forward, continue reading.
Port forwarding Call of Duty: Modern Warfare comes with many benefits. They include a stable internet connection, better ping times, and an amazing gaming experience.
Things You’ll Need Beforehand
Before setting up Call of Duty: Modern Warfare ports, you will need three things. These include:
- Your router’s IP address
- The IP address of your PC or gaming console, either PlayStation or Xbox
- The TCP and UDP ports of the Call of Duty Modern Warfare game
Finding Out Your Router’s IP Address
If you want to access your router’s admin settings or other features, you need to know its IP address.
Finding your router’s IP address is easy with the following steps:
- Type Command Prompt on the windows search bar
- On the open Command Prompt window, type ipconfig/all
- You will see your router’s IP address next to the Default Gateway
How to Set Up Port Forwarding
With the above information beforehand, setting your Call of Duty: Modern Warfare ports on your gaming console or PC should take a few minutes. Follow the following steps to do this:
- On your browser, enter your router’s IP address in the address bar.
- Log in with your current router’s credentials (Username & Password). This action will open your router’s home page.
- On your router’s home page, scroll down to find the Port Forwarding section
- On this section, click the Add tab, or the button labelled Custom Services depending on your router
- Enter any name in the Service Name box. This name does not affect the port forwarding and is meant to remind you why you created this port forward entry.
- If forwarding a single port, input the port number in the left Global Port Range and right Global Port Range boxes. If forwarding a range of ports, enter the lowest number in the left Global Port Range and the highest number in the right Global Range.
- Enter the values you entered in the left Global Port Range in the Base Host Port
- In the Protocol dropdown, select the protocol type that is either TCP or UDP. If your router has the Both option, select it. You will need to create two entries to forward TCP and UDP ports if your router lacks
- Both option.
- Save the settings
- Reboot your router to effect the changes
- To check if your desired port is open or closed, head over to Port Checker Tool.
Ports To Use
The ports to use for Call of Duty Modern Warfare are as follows:
Call of Duty Modern Warfare – PC
|UDP:||3074, 3478, 4379-4380, 27000-27031, 27036|
Call of Duty Modern Warfare – PlayStation 4
Call of Duty Modern Warfare – Xbox One
|UDP:||88, 500, 3074-3075, 3544, 4500|