New World Port Forwarding
New World is a game set to be released on August 31, 2021. This upcoming massively multiplayer online role-playing game by Amazon Games was previously scheduled to release in May 2020 but has been delayed for the company’s development team more time and resources needed for its perfection before it can hit stores shelves.
Getting Started With New World Port Forwarding
New World is a thrilling role-playing game by Amazon, set to revolutionize multi-player gaming. However, to fully enjoy the New World, you will need to open some ports on your router. This is what is termed as port forwarding. Port forwarding will stabilize your connection and improve your internet speeds, giving you a fantastic gaming experience.
However, routers feature a basic firewall that blocks incoming requests from the internet. By blocking these requests, this firewall protects your home network from malicious traffic and hacker attempts. Therefore, for a successful port forward, you will need to open ports. Read through this detailed guide to learn how to port forward New World on your router.
Related: What is Port Forwarding
Things You’ll Need Beforehand
To successfully port forward New World, you will need the following details beforehand:
- The IP address of your router;
- The IP address of your gaming console could be your PlayStation, PC, or Xbox One.;
- A list of the TCP and UDP ports of New World that you need to forward.
Finding your Router IP Address
Finding out your router’s IP address should be the first step before you can start the port forwarding process. To find out your router’s IP address using Windows, follow the steps below:
- Click the Start icon on your PC, and on the Windows search bar, type Command Prompt.
- On the open Command Prompt, type ipconfig/all
- Your router’s IP address will be next to the Default Gateway title
How to Port Forward New World
Port forwarding New World is a useful gaming trick, yet few gamers are aware of this process. This process comprises the steps below:
- Log in to your router. Routers feature a web interface. This means that to log in and access the setup page for port forwarding, Wi-Fi password, and network name change among other configurations, you will need a web browser such as Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Microsoft Edge. To log in to your router, proceed with the steps below:
- On your chosen browser, locate the address bar, enter your router’s IP address, and press Enter. This action will open a window prompting you to log in with your router’s credentials.
- Enter your default router credentials or updated credentials if you had changed them in the past. If you have forgotten your credentials, try different username and password combinations depending on your router model. If you still cannot log in, you will need to hard reset your router, but this should be the last resort as you will lose all your saved settings.
- Locate your router’s Port Forwarding section. You will find this section under Virtual Server or Apps and Gaming. Click to open the Port Forwarding page.
- On this open page, click the Service tab and enter a name showing why you created this entry.
- Enter your gaming console’s IP address in the appropriate box
- Select the protocol in the Protocol dropdown. If your router has the Both protocol, you will create one entry, but if it has the TCP and UDP protocols only, you will need to create two entries.
- Enter the UDP and TCP ports of New World in the appropriate box. If forwarding a single port, you will type the port number in the right and left Global Port Range boxes and if forwarding a range of ports, enter the lowest number in the range in the left box and the highest in the right box. Different router models will label these boxes differently.
- Reboot your router to effect the changes
- Test your ports to check whether they opened successfully.
Ports to Forward for New World
The following are the ports you will forward for New World:
New World – Steam
|UDP:||4380, 27000-27031, 27036|