How to Open Port in Your Router for No Man’s Sky
Getting Started with No Man’s Sky Port Forwarding
If you are an online gamer, internet stability and speed are the top considerations for an amazing gaming experience. However, this is not usually the case, especially if you connect to the internet through a router. Routers feature a basic firewall that blocks incoming connections and requests in a bid to safeguard your home network. On the contrary, games like No Man’s Sky will play better if you open some ports on your router and allow incoming requests. Through port forwarding, you will improve the overall gameplay while reducing lobby waiting times. Read on as we take you through the step-by-step process of how to port forward No Man’s Sky.
Things You’ll Need Beforehand
Now that you know what port forwarding is and its impact on your gaming experience, let us look at what you will need to set it up yourself. These include:
- Your router’s IP address
- Your PC or console IP address
- No Man’s Sky UDP and TCP ports to forward
Finding Out Your Router’s IP Address
An IP address is a special number that identifies devices within a network. For successful port forwarding, routers use a static IP address. A static IP address will not change in case of a power outage if your device reboots or if the other device in your network disconnects. With this address, you will not need to enter the IP address afresh in the above occurrences. If you are using Windows, you can find your router’s IP address by following the steps below:
- Type Command Prompt on your windows search bar and press Enter.
- Once the Command Prompt window is open, type ipconfig/all and press Enter.
- Next to the Default Gateway, you will see your router’s IP address.
How to Port Forward No Man’s Sky
Most routers feature a web interface, implying that you need a web browser to log in and access the settings for No Man’s Sky port forwarding. This could be Mozilla Firefox, Chrome, or Microsoft Edge.
- On your browser, enter your router’s IP address in the address bar.
- Log in with your current router’s credentials (Username & Password).
- Navigate to the Port Forwarding section.
- On the Port Forwarding section, type in the IP address of your console or PC in the appropriate boxes.
- Next, enter a Service name for this port forward entry.
- Enter the TCP and UDP ports in their respective boxes.
- Next, select the protocol you are forwarding in the protocol dropdown. These are the TCP and UDP protocols. If your router has the Both option, you can select it and enter one entry instead of two.
- Restart your router to effect the above changes
- To check if your desired port is open or closed, head over to Port Checker Tool.
Ports to Forward for No Man’s Sky
The following are the No Man’s Sky ports that you will forward for different gaming devices:
No Man’s Sky – PlayStation 4
|UDP:||3480, 3479, 3478, 1935|
No Man’s Sky – Steam
No Man’s Sky – Xbox One
|TCP:||4500, 3544, 3074, 500, 88|