Overwatch 2 is an FPS game with a variety of different modes and styles.
Overwatch 2 offers the player many choices for gameplay, ranging from first-person games to third-person ones that are more like traditional RPGs.
Getting Started with Overwatch 2 Port Forwarding
Routers feature a basic firewall. This firewall acts as a security feature by blocking incoming connections from the internet, protecting your home network from malicious traffic and hacker attempts. Therefore, Overwatch 2 will play tremendously better if you open some ports on your router. Overwatch 2 port forwarding enables players to host games, make video calls, and chat with others online with minimum disconnections, lags, and pings. Despite being a useful gaming trick, very few players can set up this configuration on their own, which is why we will give you a step-by-step process in this guide.
Related: What is Port Forwarding
Things You’ll Need Beforehand
Before you can port forward Overwatch 2, you will need to know the following details:
- The IP address of your gaming console or PC. For successful port forwarding, you will need a static IP address of your gaming device. This address is ideal as it will remain constant in case of a power outage, the other device disconnects, or your device reboots. Using a static IP address ensures seamless port forwarding with no break in the above scenarios.
- A list of the UDP and TCP ports of Overwatch 2 to forward
- The IP address of your router.
Finding Your Router’s IP Address
Your router features an IP address that you need to know for port forwarding, Wi-Fi name, and password settings. It is a unique number that identifies devices on the internet. To find out your router’s IP address, follow the steps below:
- Click the Start icon on your router or press the Windows button on your keyboard to open the Windows Search bar. Type Command Prompt when open.
- The Command Prompt window will open. On it, type ipconfig/all.
- The IP address of your router will be located next to the Default Gateway title.
How to Port Forward Overwatch 2
Overwatch 2 port forwarding is a simple process comprising the steps below:
- Log in to your router. Routers feature a web interface, and to log in and access the setup page, you will need a web browser such as Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, or Chrome. On your chosen browser, follow the steps below to log in to your router:
- Find the address bar and enter your router’s IP, then press Enter. This action will open a window prompting you to log in with your credentials.
- Enter your router’s default or updated login details and press Ok. If you cannot recall your updated details, you will need to hard reset your router, but this should be the last resort as it restores your router to its factory settings.
- Navigate to the Port Forwarding section on your router’s homepage. Once logged in, find the Port Triggering or Port Forwarding section on your router’s homepage. Depending on your router’s model, you will find this section under the Virtual Server or Apps and Gaming. Click on the tab to open.
- On the open Port Forwarding page, click the Service tab and enter a name to remind you why you created this port forward entry. This name will not affect the port forwarding configuration.
- Key in your PC or gaming console’s IP address in the respective box.
- Select the protocol in the Protocol dropdown. If your router supports the Both Protocol, you will create two port forward entries. Otherwise, create two if it supports the TCP/UDP protocols.
- Enter the UPD and TCP ports for Overwatch 2 in the respective boxes.
- Occasionally, you may need to restart your router to effect the above changes.
Ports to Forward for Overwatch 2
The following is the list of ports that you will forward for Overwatch 2 depending on your console:
Overwatch 2 – PC
|TCP:||3724, 1119, 6113|
|UDP:||5060, 6250, 3478-3479, 12000-64000, 5062|
Overwatch 2 – PlayStation 4
|TCP:||1119, 1935, 3478-3480, 3724, 6113|
|UDP:||5060, 3478-3479, 6250, 3074, 12000-64000, 5062|
Overwatch 2 – Switch
|TCP:||12400, 6667, 28910, 3724, 29900-29901, 6113, 29920, 1119|
Overwatch 2 – Xbox One
|TCP:||3724, 1119, 6113, 3074|
|UDP:||3544, 3478-3479, 4500, 5060, 3074, 5062, 500, 6250, 88, 12000-64000|