Pokémon Shining Pearl Port forwarding
Discover how to do Port Forwarding for Pokémon Shining Pearl, the latest adventure RPG for the Nintendo Switch.
How to set up Port Forwarding for Pokémon Shining Pearl on your router
Pokémon Shining Pearl is a generation four remake of Pokémon Platinum. Now with a detailed 3D style, this latest installment introduces a new generation of Pokémon fans to one of the most popular entries in the long-running series.
Like earlier installments, you play the central character in Shining Pearl, out to make your name as a Pokémon trainer. In your journey, you will travel to different cities, catching an assortment of pocket monsters and raising them to be your companions for life. You are the master of your own story.
Pokémon Shining Pearl is available on Nintendo’s latest hybrid console, the Nintendo Switch. You can enjoy it in handheld or TV dock mode.
Make your gameplay experience even better by forwarding ports before you start playing Pokémon Shining Pearl. The gaming application will be able to communicate online better, resulting in an overall smooth experience for you.
Ports needed to run Pokémon Shining Pearl
Make your Pokémon Shining Pearl experience faster and stable with Port Forwarding.
Here are the specific ports you should open for a stable Pokémon Shining Pearl online gameplay experience:
Ports to Open on Nintendo Switch
|TCP:||6667, 12400, 28910, 29900, 29901, 29920|
How to enable Pokémon Shining Pearl Port Forwarding
Just follow the steps in this guide and you will be on your way to opening the required ports on your network. For this part, users must possess some basic skills to navigate to their router settings. If you are already familiar with setting up your router, these port forwarding steps will be easy to follow.
Here are the steps:
- Step 1: Find out the IP address on your router. To do this, simply turn your router upside down, and check its bottom. There is usually a label with your IP address mentioned in this area. Check out this link to find your IP address if need be.
- Step 2: Find the IP address associated with your Nintendo Switch. Check the WiFi network icon on your Switch console. Navigate to advanced options and make sure you check its properties. Your IP address will appear next to the IPv4 address onscreen.
Note down the two IP addresses. Your next step will be to open the required ports for Pokémon Shining Pearl.
- Open a web browser while connected to the network you need to forward ports on
- Type the router’s IP address (usually 22.214.171.124)
- Your browser will load the router’s Settings page if done right
- Use your router’s login information to sign in on screen
- Find and access the “Port Forwarding” settings from your router
- You will now have to manually add your gaming console’s IP address
- Do the same for TCP and UDP ports as well (see the ports section above for more details)
- Restart your router for these changes to take effect
The Port Forwarding Add-on
Port forwarding can be needlessly complicated, especially if your router does not feature a user-friendly interface. Not everyone has the technical know-how to navigate through the router settings.
Open the ports for your favorite game or app easily and conveniently
With so many different routers out there, wouldn’t it be great if there was a simple way to open some ports on your network connection?
The Port Forwarding Add-on can help you make quick work of your network issues. You can use this helpful utility to open and close ports. It only takes a few clicks & enjoy a seamless online gaming experience on Pokémon Shining Pearl.
Benefits of Using The Port Forwarding Add-on
There is so much more you can do with the Port Forwarding add-on. Here’s a snapshot of its bonus features:
- Remote control your laptop or desktop PC from anywhere.
- Defeat your ISP’s speed throttling measures, especially for your P2P downloads.
- Get around a Carrier-Grade NAT (CGNAT).
- Utilize VPN services and port forwarding at the same time.