Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare was initially released in 2007 by Infinity Ward as the 4th installment. With the backdrop of WWII, Call of Duty 4 quickly became a staple for the genre of first-person shooter games.
You need to forward a few ports to enjoy Call of Duty 4 without interruptions. It will allow the server to send data through CoD ports ( i.e., TCP 3074, 27014-27050 – UDP 3478, 27000-27031, 4379-4380, 27036).
This guide will walk you through the entire procedure for Call of Duty 4 port forwarding.
Port Forwarding Call of Duty Modern Warfare – A Checklist
We need to meet a few requirements before opening ports to improve connectivity. To manage Call of Duty 4 port forwarding, here is all you need:
- The network router’s IP address is required.
- You also need the IP address of your gaming PC or console.
- The TCP and UDP ports are necessary for port forwarding Call of Duty 4.
Port Forwarding Call of Duty 4 – a Step-by-Step Guide
You can easily open Call of Duty 4 ports by following the procedures below:
- Select a web browser and launch it.
- In place of the URL, type the IP address of your router.
- Enter your login credentials to access the router’s dashboard.
- Find the Port Forwarding area when you log in.
- Open the said window to configure Call of Duty 4 server port forwarding settings.
- Enter the IP address of the gaming device in the corresponding field.
- Then enter the TCP and UDP ports for Call of Duty 4 port forwarding.
- TCP ports – 3074, 27014-27050.
- UDP ports – 3478, 27000-27031, 4379-4380, 27036.
- To save changes, click on Apply button.
- Refresh the router by restarting it.
- And that’s that! You can now easily connect to the Call of Duty 4 server.
Call of Duty Modern Warfare – TCP & UDP Ports
Do you want to play Call of Duty 4 online but are frustrated by interruptions? You can use port forwarding to fix this problem. The following are the default TCP and UDP ports for Call of Duty 4:
- TCP – 3074, 27014-27050
- UDP – 3478, 4379-4380, 27000-27031, 27036.
Choose the Secure Way – Use a Port Forwarding Add-On
If you struggle with general port forwarding procedures, why not skip the tricky steps? Use a Port Forwarding add-on to manage ports without hassle.
How to Open Ports Behind CGNAT
CGNAT may be preventing you from forwarding these ports. Service providers frequently use this method of conserving the available IPv4 pool. Port forwarding becomes complicated by the shared IP policy introduced by CGNAT.
Using a port forwarding add-on is a dependable way to get around CGNAT and its restrictions. You may easily open ports behind CGNAT by using this feature.
Learn more about the benefits of a port forwarding add-on bypass CGNAT in a few clicks.
Open Ports Using a Port Forwarding Add-on.
A secure way to open all ports
Since there are so many different routers, it can be challenging to follow exact instructions. Perhaps this is the reason people find port forwarding to be challenging.
Your ISP might stop you from port-forwarding Call of Duty 4 as well. This is because port forwarding carries a few security hazards. The firewall on your machine likewise blocks requests for the same reason.
However, a port forwarding add-on makes it simple to get around these issues. This function gives you a quick and effective way to forward ports. Additionally, it enables you to manage ports and enhance your gaming experience with only a few clicks.