The popular online role-playing game, Guild Wars, is critically acclaimed as one of the best MMO games. You can enjoy Guild Wars over an exciting gaming session with your friends. To join the fun, you must forward a few ports to let data through your firewall.
This guide will walk you through the entire Guild Wars port forwarding process in great depth.
What do You Need for Port Forwarding Guild Wars?
A few items are required to forward ports for Guild Wars. Here is everything you will need for Guild Wars server port forwarding:
- You must download and install the Battlefield 2 software package on your computer.
- You must write down the IP address of your router.
- Additionally, you need to know your system’s IP address.
- Finally, specify the Battlefield 2 port forwarding TCP and UDP ports.
Port Forwarding Guild Wars – A Step-by-Step Guide
Do you have everything you need? Then, it’s time to open ports for Guild Wars. Follow the guidelines listed below to manage Guild Wars port forwarding:
- Select a web browser of choice and open a tab.
- Enter the IP address of the router in the URL bar.
- Press Enter.
- You can access the router’s settings using your credentials (username and password).
- Go to the router’s dashboard and look for the Port Forwarding area.
- Open the Port Forwarding window after successfully locating the tab.
- Enter the system or console’s IP address in the appropriate field.
- Now, enter the Guild Wars server’s TCP and UDP ports.
- The default port number for Guild Wars is 80.
- To save these changes, press the Apply button at the bottom.
- Restart your router if the configurations do not take effect.
- And that is it! You can now easily connect to the Guild Wars server.
Guild Wars Ports – TCP & UDP ports
Do you desire uninterrupted access while playing Guild Wars? To manage better connectivity, you need to forward a couple of ports. Here are the default TCP and UDP ports for Guild Wars:
- TCP – 80, 443, 6112.
Skip the Details: Use a Port Forwarding Add-On Instead!
Confusing port forwarding techniques got you stumped? Avoid lengthy details and use a port forwarding add-on to open ports with just a few mouse clicks.
Port Forwarding Guild Wars – Ports for Devices
Guild Wars- Windows/PC
- TCP: 80, 443, 6112
How to Open Ports Behind CGNAT
Do you have trouble opening ports due to CGNAT? Service providers frequently use this technique to assign the same public IP to various consumers to preserve the IP pool. While CGNAT facilitates bandwidth conservation, it also makes port forwarding more challenging.
Want to get around CGNAT? Use a port forwarding add-on to open ports for Guild Wars without any issue.
Learn more about how a Port Forwarding add-on can assist you in bypassing CGNAT in a few clicks.
You can also check out this blog for how to Port Forward Guild Wars 2
A Practical Solution – Port Forwarding Add-on
A secure way to open all ports
Port forwarding may be challenging if your network device is built differently than the one used. It is more challenging to follow detailed instructions because of the interface variations. That is one primary reason why people struggle with port forwarding.
However, there are problems on other fronts as well. Due to various security risks associated with the process, your ISP might block your ports. Due to these concerns, your system’s firewall can also reject your port forwarding requests.
All of these limitations are simple to get around. With a port forwarding add-on, you’ll be able to bypass CGNAT and handle all your ports with only a few clicks.