Are you a fan of first-person shooter games? Do you also enjoy elements of strategical survival and gruesome horror? Then Killing Floor 2 is for you. Developed by Tripwire Interactive, Killing Floor 2 has sold over 10 million copies.
The zombies or ZEDs in the game offer the element of horror and are the primary target. But there is a hidden enemy more lethal than any infected specimen. It is what all gamers loathe yet equally fear – that is a lag.
Well, we know how frustrating a gaming lag can be. This guide will help you to achieve better gameplay by Port Forwarding Killing Floor 2.
Killing Floor 2 Port Forwarding: what is it?
Port Forwarding is a technique used to improve connectivity. It allows external devices to gain access to your local network. Killing Floor 2 Port Forwarding would permit gaming servers to transfer and receive data without interference. This method is thus commonly implemented by gamers to improve gameplay.
Is Port Forwarding necessary?
Well, it most certainly is. The thing is that your network’s firewall blocks traffic that otherwise could have gone straight through. Even though the firewall is doing its job, it is doing it a little too well.
The idea is not to block all external devices from accessing our network. Since we would need some external source to communicate with, we will have to grant it access. Now such access would require us to open or forward ports. These ports provide pathways to transfer data to and from external sources such as gaming servers.
Checklist for Killing Floor 2 server Port Forwarding
Now that you are a little bit more comfortable in the lands of Port Forwarding, we should tread ahead and understand the requirements for Killing Floor 2 server Port Forwarding. The principle of Port Forwarding is fairly simple. All you need to note is some general information about your network. Below is a checklist for Port Forwarding Killing Floor 2:
- First and foremost, we need your router’s IP to log into your network’s dashboard (we will tell you where to look for it. Don’t worry).
- You will also need your system’s IP address (PC, gaming console, etc.)
- Lastly, you would need the TCP and UDP ports for Port Forwarding Killing Floor 2.
Where to look for your router’s IP?
While a router’s IP address is rather easy to find, it can seem tricky to people unfamiliar with Port Forwarding. There are many ways through which you can find your router’s IP. Here are two of the simplest ways.
Using the command prompt method
For Killing Floor 2 Port Forwarding, get your router’s IP from the command prompt. Here is how to do so:
- Navigate to the Start Menu.
- In the search bar write cmd.
- Select Command Prompt.
- Type ipconfig in the prompt.
- Hit Enter.
- You will see a bunch of information about your network configurations.
- Navigate to the Default gateway. You will find your router’s IP here.
Using the control panel method:
You can also do the same using the control panel:
- Navigate to the Start Menu.
- In the search bar write Control Panel.
- Select the control panel to access settings.
- In the control panel, you will find an option as Network and Internet.
- Select it.
- Click on the Network and Sharing Centre option.
- Look for Access type and Connections.
- On the right of connections, you will find your network’s name.
- Click it.
- Now select Details. It will open up the Network Connection Details window.
- Locate the IPv4 default gateway.
- Note down the IP address to its right.
Set a static IP address
A static IP address would ensure that the ports you open for Killing Floor 2 remain open. Otherwise, all the work you put in for Port Forwarding Killing Floor 2 would be disrupted by a dynamic IP. Follow the steps below to set a static IP for your system.
- Open up your router’s dashboard from your web browser.
- Navigate to the DHCP reservations tab.
- There you can easily assign a static IP address for your system.
Ports you need for Killing Floor 2 server Port Forwarding
The TCP and UDP ports for Killing Floor 2 are listed below:
|UDP:||7777, 20560, 27015|
|TCP:||8080, 27015, 27036|
|UDP:||7777, 20560, 27015, 27031-27036|
|UDP:||88, 500, 3074, 3544, 4500|
Steps for Port Forwarding Killing Floor 2
Now we shall forward ports using all the information gathered above. Follow these basic steps for Killing Floor 2 Port Forwarding:
- In your web browser, write your router’s IP address.
- Enter credentials on the login page.
- Look for the port forwarding section in your router’s settings.
- Now enter your system’s IP address in the relevant field.
- Enter the TCP and UDP ports that need to be forwarded.
- Click save or apply.
- Restart the router for the changes to take effect.
And that is how you do it. This comprehensive guide covers all the basics for Port Forwarding. But if you wish to learn more, we have all kinds of guides related to Port Forwarding for games, routers, etc. Happy learning!