A real-life strategy-based rendition of Tolkien’s work, The Lord of the Rings-War of the Ring Gamespy, is more than just a high fantasy game. From dwarves to Balrogs and even wizards, and elven warriors, one can utilize any source to defeat thy enemies! Fan of the series? Then the Lord of the Rings-War of the Ring is a must-play game.
But in order to enjoy this game to its fullest potential, you will have to learn how to Port Forward The Lord of the Rings-War of the Ring Gamespy. Don’t know anything about it? This comprehensive guide will walk you through all there is to know about LOTR – War of the Ring Port Forwarding.
Here is everything you will need for The Lord of the Rings-War of the Ring Gamespy Port Forwarding
Before we can initiate the Port Forwarding procedure, we need to make sure we have all the things that are required for opening up ports. Take a look:
- Ensure that The Lord of the Rings-War of the Ring Gamespy (here) is successfully downloaded and installed in your system.
- Note down the router’s IP address.
- Note down the gaming console/system’s IP address.
- Note down the user-defined TCP and UDP ports for The Lord of the Rings-War of the Ring Gamespy Port Forwarding.
Detailed steps for The Lord of the Rings-War of the Ring Gamespy Port Forwarding
Got everything you need? Great! Now is the time we look at the Port Forwarding steps for The Lord of the Rings-War of the Ring Gamespy. Here is how the process goes:
- Open up a web browser in your system.
- Type in the IP address of your router in the URL tab of the browser.
- Now enter your user credentials (i.e. username and your password) to log into your router’s dashboard.
- Once you have access to the settings, look for the Port Forwarding window.
- Open up the said tab and type in the system’s IP address in the relevant box.
- Now is the time to enter TCP and UDP ports in relevant fields.
- The default ports TCP ports for The Lord of the Rings-War of the Ring Gamespy Port Forwarding is 7175. While the UDP ports are 6500, 13139.
- Save the changed configurations by clicking on the Apply button.
- And that is about it. Just restart your router to reflect these changed configurations.
Ports for The Lord of the Rings-War of the Ring Gamespy Port Forwarding
In order to enjoy The Lord of the Rings-War of the Ring game to its fullest potential, you will need to forward certain ports. Here are the default ports for LOTR Port Forwarding:
|UDP Port||6500, 13139|
The Lord of the Rings-War of the Ring Gamespy Port Forwarding – TCP and UDP ports for devices
TCP and UDP Ports to run on Windows/PC:
|UDP Port||6500, 13139|
Finding it difficult to Port Forward behind CGNAT?
With CGNAT in place, Port Forwarding can actually be really difficult to perform. Why? Well, a big part of it is the shared IP address. ISPs (internet service providers) tend to assign the same IP address to different users on the same network. Since IP is a fundamental necessity for Port Forwarding, the shared nature makes it difficult to be used for Port Forwarding.
But there is a solution to this problem. You can just use a Port Forwarding add-on which is capable of even bypassing CGNAT and opening ports without any issues.
Learn more about how you can use a Port Forwarding add-on to get around CGNAT with ease!
Want to open ports with ease? use a Port Forwarding add-on
If you find Port Forwarding to be taxing, then why not opt for an easier way? Try using a Port Forwarding add-on and open ports in a few clicks!
Open up ports without any hassle using a Port Forwarding Add-on
Your ISP is only one of the few factors that can hinder your Port Forwarding procedure. Port Forwarding requests are mostly rejected due to security risks. Not only by your internet service provider but even by your system’s firewall.
Port Forwarding in itself is not easy, especially for beginners. The concept can be difficult to grasp at times. And the specifically detailed instructions devised for specific routing equipment do not help either.
But you can still open up ports and avoid limited speeds while playing The Lord of the Rings-War of the Ring Gamespy or any other internet activity at that, with a Port Forwarding add-on. Now open ports effectively and within just a few clicks!