The first-person shooter game, Unreal Tournament, was released by Epic Games in 2004. This arena FPS game is a thrilling treat for fans of the genre. Want to experience the Unreal Tournament without any interruptions? Then you need to forward some ports. This guide will walk you through the entire procedure of Unreal Tournament port forwarding.
What do You Need for Unreal Tournament Port Forwarding
Before you can open up ports, you must fulfill a couple of requirements. Here is a list of things you need for the port forwarding procedure:
- Unreal Tournament should be downloaded and installed on your system.
- You need the router’s IP address.
- You also need the IP address of your gaming device.
- Lastly, note down the required TCP and UDP ports for Unreal Tournament.
Unreal Tournament Port Forwarding – A Step-Wise Guide
After everything is in place, you can open ports for Unreal Tournament. Here is how the port forwarding procedure goes:
- Open a tab in your web browser.
- Enter the IP address of your router in place of a URL.
- Hit Enter.
- Log into the settings, and type in the username and password.
- Now, navigate to the Port forwarding section.
- Open the Port Forwarding tab and enter the IP address of your gaming system.
- Next, you must enter the TCP and UDP ports needed for Unreal Tournament server port forwarding.
- The default port range for Unreal Tournament is 7777-7778.
- Click on the Apply button at the bottom and save these changes.
- You may have to restart your router if the changes are not visible immediately.
- Once you are done, you can easily host an Unreal Tournament server. Your friends only require a hostname and a port number to connect to your private server. For example – hostname.domain.com:23565.
Unreal Tournament Port Forwarding – TCP and UDP Ports
Want to play Unreal Tournament online but are tired of poor connectivity and interruptions? Then you may have to open up specific ports. Here are the default TCP and UDP ports for Unreal Tournament:
- TCP –
- UDP – 7777-7778, 7787, 28902.
Skip the Work – Use Port Forwarding Add-On
Why struggle through complicated procedures when you can manage the same with a few clicks? Try a port forwarding add-on to open ports securely and without any hassle.
Port Forwarding Unreal Tournament – Ports for Devices
Unreal Tournament – Windows
- TCP –
- UDP – 7777-7778, 7787, 28902.
Unreal Tournament – Steam
- TCP – 27015, 27036.
- UDP – 7777-7778, 27015, 7787, 28902, 27031-27036.
How to Open Ports Behind CGNAT
CGNAT may be one of the reasons you are struggling to forward ports for the Unreal Tournament. ISPs use the network translation technique to conserve the network bandwidth and the IP pool. Using CGNAT, service providers can easily assign the same public IP to multiple end users. But this remedy can complicate the port forwarding procedure for you.
But to get past CGNAT and its limitations, you can use a Port Forwarding add-on. This feature allows you to open ports in seconds without any issues.
Here is more about how a Port Forwarding add-on helps you bypass CGNAT in a few clicks.
Open Ports With a Port Forwarding Add-on
A secure way to open all ports
If you struggle with port forwarding, you are not alone. Almost all who open ports find it hard to follow specific instructions. A significant reason for this is that the differences in routers’ interfaces make it difficult to navigate to particular settings.
But that is certainly not all. Even your ISP can prevent you from opening ports by rejecting your requests. That is because there are certain risks attached to the port forwarding procedure. Your system’s firewall may also block ports for the same reasons.
But you can bypass such risks and restrictions simply by using a Port Forwarding add-on. Experience a smooth gaming experience and stable connections on any device in question. All it takes is a reliable port forwarding add-on to manage ports in a few simple clicks.