Set Up Risk of Rain Port Forwarding With This Simple Guide
Risk of Rain is a rare game that gained international popularity despite not being developed by a major studio. Risk of Rain, originally called Hopoo Games, is the brainchild of a two-student team from the University of Washington. Despite its modest beginnings, the project gained its required funding via Kickstarter. This led to improvements in the gameplay and a complete overhaul in aesthetics. It was finally released as Risk of Rain by Chucklefish in 2013. Despite its 2D graphics, the game offers an enjoyable experience, further enhanced if you play with friends. This is where you will find Risk of Rain port forwarding interesting. Why? Read on below to find out.
Getting Started With Risk of Rain Port Forwarding
In simple terms, Risk of Rain port forwarding will create a direct connection between you and whichever player you want to connect to online. Under usual circumstances, all incoming connections pass through your router. While the basic firewall does protect you against any malicious content, it can also affect your gaming speed. Once you have Risk of Rain port forwarding set up, you’ll have a more stable and faster connection. As you’d expect, this will lead to a much better gaming experience.
Things You’ll Need Beforehand
You only need three things before you can set up Risk of Rain port Forwarding on your PC/gaming console:
- Your router’s IP Address (Read the section below to learn how to find that out).
- Your PC/gaming console’s IP Address (You can read our detailed Xbox One/PlayStation 4 guides to learn how to find these out).
- The TCP and UDP ports to forward (These can be found at the very bottom of this blog).
Find Out Your Router’s IP Address
This is a fairly straightforward process: Here’s what you’ll need to do:
- Search for “Command Prompt” or “cmd” in the Windows search bar.
- Once the Command Prompt window is open, enter “ipconfig/all”.
- You should see your router’s IP Address next to Default Gateway.
How To Set Up Risk of Rain Port Forwarding
Not only is port forwarding completely safe, it only takes a few minutes to set up properly. Follow the instructions, and you’ll have no issues:
- Open any web browser of your choice and log in to your router (Enter your router’s IP Address in the search bar, and you’ll be directed towards the login page).
- Find the Port Forwarding section.
- Enter the IP Address your PC/gaming console accordingly.
- Similarly, enter the TCP and UDP ports in the appropriate boxes (You can find these in the section below).
- Save the settings and reboot the router for the changes to take effect.
Ports You’ll Need to Forward:
You’ll have to forward these ports:
Protocol TCP: 27015-27030,27036-27037
Protocol UDP: 4380,11100,27000-27031,27036
Protocol TCP: 1935,3478-3480
Protocol UDP: 3074,3478-3479