Rust Port Forwarding: Set It Up Easily With This Guide
Routers feature a basic firewall that serves as a security feature by blocking unauthorized incoming connections and hacker attacks. However, games such as Rust play better if an incoming connection is forwarded through the router to the game. For this reason, you need to open specific ports or port forward. Besides making improving your gaming experience, port forwarding also stabilizes and increases your internet speed. We give you a step by step guide on Rust port forwarding for a fantastic gaming experience.
Things You’ll Need Beforehand
Before port forwarding Rust, you need to have the following details at hand:
- Your router’s IP address
- The IP address of your PC or gaming device
- The TCP and UDP ports that you will forward for Rust.
Finding Out Your Router’s IP Address
Finding out your router’s IP address is straightforward with the following steps:
- Enter the command prompt on your windows search bar
- On the Command Prompt Window, type ‘’ipoconfig/all’’.
- You will find your router’s IP address next to the Default Gateway.
How to Port Forward Rust
To port forward Rust, follow the steps below:
- On your preferred browser, either Edge, Chrome, or Firefox, find the address bar and replace the address with your router’s IP address, and press Enter. Note that you need a web browser to log in to your router due to the router’s web interface feature.
- Once you open your router’s home page, use your router’s default credentials to log in if you have not changed them in the past.
- Find the port forwarding section of your router.
- Enter the IP address of your PC or gaming device in the appropriate box.
- Enter the TCP and UDP ports of Rust in the appropriate boxes. Be careful on the boxes you enter these details as they are different for the single and range of ports forwarding.
- Once you finish the above set up, restart your router to effect the changes.
Ports To Forward
The following is a list of ports that you need to forward to play Rust effectively:
- Protocol TCP: 28015-28016
- Protocol UDP: 28015-28016
- Protocol TCP: 28015-28016, 27036-27037, 27015-27030
- Protocol UDP: 28015-28016, 27036, 27000-27031, 4380
- Protocol TCP: 28015-28016, 3074
- Protocol UDP: 28015-28016, 4500, 3544, 500, 88
- Protocol TCP: 28015-28016, 3478-3480, 1935
- Protocol UDP: 28015-28016, 3478-3479, 3074