Space Engineers Port Forwarding in the Simplest Way
Space Engineers is a science-based sandbox game first introduced in 2013 by the Keen Software House (Czech Republic). The year 2019 marked its official release with more updates. Space Engineers Port Forwarding elevates your gaming experience as well your connection. Within the game, players can expect to enjoy the following features:
- The players are astronauts (space engineers) that work in space. They create structures using provided tools and construct ships or stations based on the block sizes, with larger blocks building larger models.
- The game combines creativity and survival skills where you can be creative with your constructions. At the same time, you watch out for collisions, weapons, and energy depletion in the spacesuit to stay alive.
- You can play the game in two modes: single-player or multiplayer. The multiplayer mode is one of the primary reasons why you may need to set up the game for port forwarding.
Getting Started With Space Engineers Port Forwarding
Port forwarding is essential to enable the multiplayer mode. The game requires a fast, stable internet connection because it involves the use of tools. You need to set up your PC or console for the game to run better.
What You Need Before Port Forwarding
To get started, you need to take note of the following:
- The IP configuration of your router.
- The IP configuration of your PC console.
- The TCP or UDP ports.
Locating Your Router’s IP Address
You can locate your router’s IP address by following the steps below.
- Input “Command Prompt” on your PC’s search bar.
- Type “ipconfig /all” once the window is open.
- The router’s local IP address shows on the line besides the Default Gateway.
How To Forward Ports in Space Engineers
You can go about port forwarding using the following steps:
- Log onto your router using your password.
- Click the option of port forwarding.
- Type the PC/console’s IP address in the router’s box as required.
- Type the TCP and UDP port of the game in the router’s slots.
- Reboot the router to effect changes.
Ports To Forward in Space Engineers
You require the following ports to port forward the game.
Protocol TCP: 80, 53, 3074
Protocol UDP: 500, 53, 4500, 88, 3544, 3074
Protocol UDP: 3478-3479
Protocol TCP: 3478-3480,443, 80, 1935