WoW Port Forwarding Made Simple: Read This Detailed Guide Now
World of Warcraft (WoW) is a Massively Multiplayer Online (MMO), and role-playing game (RPG) developed and released by Blizzard Entertainment in 2004. It has since gone on to become one of the most popular games on the market, inspiring thousands of other games using similar gameplay features. Like other RPGs, you can choose exactly how you want to play it thanks to endless inventory management options, storytelling, and a deep leveling system. If you want to take your WoW gaming experience to the next level for stability, the ability to play with friends, and more, you’ll want to pursue WoW Port Forwarding.
Getting Started With WoW Port Forwarding
Most routers come with a basic firewall that restricts any incoming network requests. WoW, like so many other MMOs, perform better if these incoming network requests are forwarded via the router to the computer hosting the game directly. By Port Forwarding, your overall gaming experience will be significantly enhanced. To learn more on how to set it up and what ports to forward, continue reading below:
Things You’ll Need Beforehand
You’ll need three things before you can get started with WoW Port Forwarding. These are:
- Your router’s IP Address.
- Your PC’s IP Address.
- A list of TCP and UDP ports to forward (These can be found at the bottom of this page).
Find Out Your Router’s IP Address
You can easily find out your router’s IP address with the following simple steps:
- Open Command Prompt.
- Type in “ipconfig”.
- You can find your router’s IP Address located right next to Default Gateway.
How to Start WoW Port Forwarding
Follow these few simple steps, and you’ll have WoW Port Forwarding set up on your PC in no time:
- Open any web browser and log in to your router.
- Scroll down and find the Port Forwarding section.
- Enter the IP Address of your PC in the relevant box.
- Similarly, enter the TCP and UDP ports for your game in the appropriate boxes (Scroll down to the bottom of this piece to find the ports to forward).
- Save these settings and reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Ports To Forward
These are the ports you’ll need to forward for WoW Port Forwarding:
Protocol TCP: 1119, 3724, 6012
Protocol UDP: 1119, 3724, 6012