To use 3CX remotely, you must forward a few ports to let data through your firewall. This guide will walk you through the entire procedure of 3CX port forwarding. Read on to set up your firewall for 3CX and open ports without issues.
All You Need for 3CX Server Port Forwarding:
Before you attempt to forward ports, you need a couple of things. Here is a list of everything required for port forwarding 3CX:
- The IP address of a router.
- The internal IP address of the system in question
- The specific TCP and UDP ports used for port forwarding the 3CX server
Port Forwarding 3CX – A Step-by-Step Guide
Got everything ready for port forwarding? Then, it is time to start opening 3CX ports. Follow the instructions below to forward ports for 3CX:
- Open a tab in the web browser.
- In the URL bar, type the router’s IP address.
- Press Enter.
- You can access the router settings by entering your login information (username and password).
- Look for the Port Forwarding section on the router’s dashboard.
- Open the Port Forwarding window.
- In the relevant field, type the IP address of the console or system.
- Now, enter the TCP and UDP ports for the 3CX server.
- For 3CX, the default port number is 5060.
- Press the Apply button at the bottom to save the changes.
- Restart the router.
- Once that is done, you can connect to the 3CX server freely.
TCP and UDP Ports – 3CX Server Port Forwarding
For the best 3CX experience, port forwarding is a must! Here are the default TCP and UDP for 3CX that need to be forwarded:
- TCP – 5060-5061
- UDP – 5060
Struggling to Forward Ports – Use a Port Forwarding Add-On
Do you have trouble forwarding ports? Use a Port Forwarding add-on to avoid any extra work. Manage ports with a few simple clicks!
3CX – Ports for Devices
3CX ports – Windows
- TCP – 5060-5061
- UDP – 5060
How to Open Ports Behind CGNAT
Due to CGNAT, you might need help to forward ports for 3CX. Service providers frequently use CGNAT to conserve usable addresses. ISPs can give the same public IP to different users thanks to CGNAT. But this policy also makes port forwarding more difficult.
Using a port forwarding add-on is a reliable solution to counter CGNAT’s limitations. An add-on makes it simple to open ports even behind CGNAT.
Here is everything you need to know about a port forwarding add-on and how it helps to bypass CGNAT in a few clicks.
Open Ports with a Port Forwarding Add-on
A secure way to open all ports
Port forwarding could be complicated if your network equipment differs from the one used in your guide. Because of differences in interfaces, it is more challenging to follow specific instructions. That is one of the main reasons why people struggle with port forwarding.
Further, your ISP might block your ports due to specific security threats. These worries may also cause your system’s firewall to deny your requests for port forwarding 3CX.
These restrictions are all easily avoidable. You’ll be able to get around CGNAT and manage all of your ports with just a few clicks if you use a port forwarding add-on. Not only that, but you can also connect to remote servers and improve your gaming experience and download speeds.
You can go with the process as per your SOP. The invoice is attached.