Routers feature a firewall that protects your home network from unauthorized access. However, to run specific programs and applications, you need to open some firewall ports through port forwarding. We give you a step by step guide on how to set up Port Forwarding TeamSpeak 3.
Things You’ll Need Beforehand
To port forward TeamSpeak 3, you need the following information beforehand:
- Your router’s IP address
- Your PC or gaming device IP address
- The username and password of your router
Finding Out Your Router’s IP Address
Finding your router’s IP address is a simple process comprising the following steps:
- On your windows search bar, enter the Command Prompt
- Type “ipoconfig/all” on the Command Prompt window.
- Your router’s IP address will appear next to the Default Gateway.
How To Port Forward TeamSpeak 3
Download TeamSpeak 3 from the official website and install it on your computer. To ensure you install the TeamSpeak 3 server successfully, you need to know the Windows version you are currently using. Right-click the Windows icon, then select System to find out. Under the Device specifications, you will see the version as either 32bit or 64 bit.
- Navigate to TeamSpeak’s official website and download the server-client based on the Windows version you are using.
- Extract the server and open it to make sure it is functioning. Once the application launches, you will see your login credentials.
- Log in to your router. Open your web browser, which can either be Edge, Chrome, or Firefox. Enter your router’s IP address on the address bar and press Enter. Use your router’s default credentials if you have not changed them before to log in to your router.
- Navigate to the port forwarding section once you log in.
- On the command prompt, copy the IPv4 address, then go back to the port forwarding section and create a port forward entry by entering the following details:
- Enter a name for this forward entry
- Enter the port number on the Start and End ports
- Enter the local IP address, IPv4 address to which you are forwarding the ports.
Ports To Forward
The following are the ports that you will assign to your local IP address:
|Protocol TCP:||10011, 30033|
If you are looking for a way to forward the ports needed for TeamSpeak 3, you can use the steps we have outlined in this blog post. We hope that this information is helpful and allows you to enjoy your gaming experience with friends and family.