Helium Hotspot makes it necessary to forward the ports. There’s always a device on the network to which the helium traffic can be forwarded. This ensures a stable connection between the internet and helium hotspot.
Generally, we need port forwarding to eliminate the limitations of routers of not being able to establish a direct connection between helium hotspot and the internet.
What Should You Know Before Port Forwarding Helium Hotspot?
There are just things that you must keep in your mind
- Internal IP address.
- The internal IP address of your device.
- The TCP and UDP ports that are to be forwarded.
Use our router detector software so that you know your router’s IP address for Helium Port forwarding. It’s completely free, and you certainly can use it with ease. And if not, then there is a guide to other alternatives.
Our Network Utilities section is the best way for you to forward or un-forward port. You can keep all the security concerns away and can only forward the ports when required.
Well, there’s another way out to Port forwarding Helium hotspot. Follow the steps.
- Log into your router.
- Find the portion in the router that deals with port forwarding.
- Create a Port Forwarding rule.
- Give that rule any name.
- Now type the port number you want to use.
- Now select a port forwarding protocol (TCP/UDP).
- Now type in your device’s IP address.
- Adjust TCP and UDP for Helium Hotspot and save the settings.
Finally, reboot your device for the effects to have an immediate impact.