The Azureus BitTorrent’s lightweight footprint makes it a rather popular choice among users. Though rebranded to Vuze, BitTorrent still possesses millions of users across the world. Azureus offers everything you would ever require of a BitTorrent client. If you wish for a simple application that helps you easily organize, track and download torrents, then Azureus is perfect for you!
However, to enjoy faster downloads, you will have to port forward Azureus, after, of course, downloading the BitTorrent application on your system.
Things you need for Port Forwarding Azureus
You need to have the following things before you can start to open up ports for Azureus:
- Azureus (or Vuze)’s software package should be installed successfully, hosted here.
- You also need the IP address of your router.
- Besides your router, you need the internal IP of your computer (which holds the Azureus package).
- You also need to define the TCP and UDP ports for Azureus, hence both these ports are also essential.
Steps for Azureus Port Forwarding
Hopefully, you have secured all the essential things needed for Azureus Port Forwarding. Now we can begin to open some ports:
- Open up any web browser.
- In the address/URL field, type the IP address of your router.
- Now enter your user credentials to log into your router’s dashboard.
- After logging in successfully, look for the Port Forwarding section.
- Open the Port Forwarding window.
- Now in the IP address box, enter your system’s IP address in which Azureus is installed.
- It is time to enter the user-defined TCP and UDP ports for Azureus Port Forwarding.
- Select Apply to save the configurations.
- Just restart your router and you will be done.
What Azureus Ports are required for the Torrent Client?
In order to improve the network connectivity and speed while using Azureus, you will have to forward some ports to let data through the firewall. Here are the default TCP and UDP ports for Azureus:
Azureus Ports – PC / Windows
Azureus Ports – Apple / Mac
Want a quicker way to open Ports?
If you find Port Forwarding to be a bit complex for your taste, you can always get the Port Forwarding add-on.Port Forward Now
Port Forwarding Add-on
It is quite understandable if one finds Port Forwarding to be bothersome to do manually. Since different routers possess different general consoles, in all honesty, it could be difficult to follow along.
Or it might be that your ISP prevents you from opening up any ports for Azureus. For security reasons of course! But even if your ISP isn’t blocking your ports to prevent malicious threats, then your system’s firewall would certainly be doing just that.
Anyhow, all these problems do have a simple solution you know? All you need is the Port Forwarding add-on to experience stutter-free online gaming sessions. With the add-on, you can also boost your otherwise limited download speed when using Azureus and manage Port Forwarding with much more efficiency.
What if your ISP performs CGNAT?
If you don’t know what CGNAT is, you will surely do now. Carrier-grade Network Address Translation or more commonly referred to as CGNAT is a rather common practice to conserve IP addresses. Many ISPs today use this technique and assign the same IP to multiple people sharing the same network. But this shared IP, though conserves bandwidth, makes it difficult to forward ports. How to bypass CGNAT then? Simple- just use the Port Forwarding add-on and forward ports with much greater ease.
Learn more about how you can utilize the Port Forwarding add-on to get around CGNAT easily!
With the add-on for Port Forwarding, you can attain multiple benefits and not just be limited to opening up ports. Here are a few reasons why you need the add-on to ease your port forwarding life!
- You will be able to manage ports easily.
- The add-on also allows remote access.
- Boost up your internet download speeds.
- Power through any CGNAT restrictions.
- Open ports easily with the Port Forwarding add-on.