Arris NVG599 Port Forwarding Guide: All You Need To Know
Arris NVG599 Port forwarding unblocks your network’s connections to allow you game or run other programs between devices in your network. We give you a step by step guide on how you can set up your static IP address, log in and port forward your Arris NVG599 router.
Set Up a Static IP Address
You need a static IP address for the device you are forwarding the ports to ensure your ports remain open for successful forward in case of a power outage or your device reboots.
Log in to Your Router
To log in to your Arris NVG599 router, you need a web browser such as Chrome, Edge, or Firefox since the Arris NVG599 router utilizes a web interface. On the address bar, input the Default Gateway, select Firewall then press NAT/Gaming. This action will open a page prompting you to input your Device Access Code, that is, your username and password. Find this code on your router and type it in its respective field and Continue.
Find The Port Forwarding Section of Your Arris NVG599 Router
To find the port forwarding section of your Arris NVG599 router:
- Click the Firewall tab on the Device Status page.
- From the options listed on the Firewall page, select the NAT Gaming option.
- At the center section of the NAT Gaming page, click the Custom Services tab.
Create a Port Forward Entry
Once you open the Custom Services page, select Edit/Add Services and proceed as follows to forward your program or game.
- Create a Service name to remind you why you are creating this port forward entry.
- Type in the Global Port range. Input the lowest port number on the left Global Port box and the largest number in the right Global Port box. For single port forwarding, enter the port number in both the left and right Global Port Range Box.
- Input the port you are forwarding in the Base Port.
- Select the Protocol that is either TCP, UDP, or Both in the Protocol dropdown.
- Select the Add button once you are done.
- Once you finish the above process, test your ports to ensure they are open.