Simplest Way to Setup Arris Port Forwarding
An Arris router features a firewall that protects your home network by blocking incoming connections. Arris Port Forwarding involves unblocking some of these blocked connections. While this process may seem long and tiresome, the following is a simplified step by step guideline on how to set up Arris port forwarding in the safest and easiest way possible
Set up a Static IP Address on the Device Receiving the Ports
Setting up a Static IP address ensures that other devices or routers will not be disconnected from the connection in case of a power outage or during rebooting.
Log in To Your Arris Router
An Arris router requires a web interface to display its settings. Thus, you need a web browser such as Chrome, Edge, or Firefox to log in.
On the address bar, input your router’s default IP address, and press Enter to open your router’s Home page.
Find The Port Forwarding Section
To find the Arris port forwarding section, follow the following steps;
- Click the Firewall tab at the top of your screen
- Find the Port Forwarding tab and click it. This action might prompt you to log in to your router. Use the router’s default credentials to log in or your credentials if you changed them before.
- Click on the Continue button to log in and open the Firewall-Port Forwarding Page.
Create a Port Forward Entry
If you are a gamer, port forwarding on the Arris router requires you to know the ports to forward beforehand. Arris router port forwarding comprises the following steps:
- On the Selection Application drop-down, select Custom
- In the Application Name, input a name to remind you of the reason for setting up this port forwarding rule.
- Select the port Protocol, whether TCP or UDP or both, on the Protocol dropdown menu. If your router lacks an entry for both TCP and UDP, create two entries.
- To forward a single port, input the port number into the Left Port Range and right Global Port Range boxes. If forwarding multiple ports, use the left Global Range box for the lowest number and the right Global Port Range box for the highest.
- On the Local Base Port box, input the values you entered on the left Global Port range above.
- On the Select Device menu, select the device receiving the ports.
- Click the Add button to apply the changes.