Arris Router Passwords
Your Arris modem login credentials are essential for resetting your router for improved performance, improving security measures, and for enabling and disabling network access.
Things You’ll Need Beforehand
To log in to your Arris router, you should have the following details:
- Your Arris router IP address
- Your router username and password
Finding your Arris Router IP Address
An IP address is a special number that identifies devices within a network. Routers feature an external IP address and an internal IP address. The internal IP address helps you to log in to your router, communicate with your router, and configure settings such as port forwarding. On the other hand, the rest of the world uses the external IP address of your router to connect to you when you are hosting a server or game. Therefore, to log in to your router, you will need to know its IP address, and this can be done using your computer.
If you are a windows user, you will use the Command Prompt to find your router’s internal IP address by following the steps below:
- Click the Start button on your computer and find the Run command. This action will open a Run dialog box.
- In the above dialog box, type cmd and press Enter or click the Ok tab. This action will open the Command Prompt window, which is a black window containing white text.
- In the Command Prompt, type ipconfig, then press Enter. You will see your Arris router IP address under the Default Gateway title. In most cases, the Arris router IP address is 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.254.
Logging in to Your Arris Router
The Arris router features a web interface, which is also its control panel. To access this interface and make changes to your router settings, you will need a web browser such as Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Microsoft Edge.
The following are the steps to follow when logging into an Arris router:
Connect to the Arris Network
To successfully set up any router, you should connect to a network through Wi-Fi or an Ethernet cable.
You can use your phone or PC to connect to the network. Using an Ethernet cable is ideal if you cannot remember your Arris router password, as it will not ask you for a password. However, if you are using Wi-Fi, locate your Network Name and Wi-Fi key, then connect to that network on your PC or phone. You will find these credentials on a sticker on your router.
Find your Router IP Address
Once connected to a network, open your chosen browser, enter your router IP address on the address bar, and press the Enter key. This action will open a window prompting you to log in with your credentials.
Enter Your Arris Default Login Credentials
In the username and password fields on the login window, enter the values printed on a sticker at the bottom of your Arris router. Click the Enter or Sign in tab to log in. This action completes the login process on your Arris router. You can now access your router settings for custom setups. If you have forgotten your Arris passwords and cannot log in, you will need to reset your router.
Reset Arris Router to Default Password
Lost router usernames and passwords are a common problem, but luckily, you can solve this problem with a few mouse clicks. If you have forgotten your Arris router credentials, you can reset through the following ways:
- Hard reset
- Using the web interface
Most routers can be reset using the reset button at the bottom. If you cannot locate this button, refer to your manual. Your Arris manual will give you all the details regarding the Arris login, password reset, and the reset button position. You can also search online for your router model if you do not have your manual. Once you find the reset button, follow the steps below:
- Press and hold the reset button for a minimum of 15 seconds. You may need a pin to press this button, as it is difficult to reach it with your fingers. The fact that you cannot access this button easily is a manufacturer’s trick that prevents you from accidentally resetting your router.
- Wait for the reset process to finish. Your router will flicker as the reset is ongoing.
- Once done, allow your router to reboot and leave it for a few minutes to power up fully. After that, you can try logging in using your default username and password, depending on your router model. If you are still having challenges, troubleshoot your router, then repeat the reset process. If you cannot log in after repeating the troubleshooting and reset steps, you may need to call your router customer support for assistance.
Resetting Using the Arris Web Interface
This process is more complex than using the reset button. To do this:
- Log in to your Arris router
- Find the interface titled Utilities. This section may vary depending on your router model.
- Go to the Factory Reset option.
- Reset your device to default settings and wait for the reset to finish.
When resetting your router, it is advisable to note down the current settings before making any changes to avoid messing with your connection. This way, should you make a mistake, you can still reset your router. However, a reset should be the last resort as it clears all your updated settings. Therefore, before resetting your Arris router, you can try the following troubleshooting options to see whether you can access your router:
- Check your Arris router IP address. You should confirm that you are using the correct IP address for your Arris router model, as not all Arris brands may have the same IP address.
- Try to log in using the default username and password. If you cannot log in to your router with your updated credentials, try the default credentials.
However, if you cannot access your router after trying the above options, a hard reset will be the only option left. Hard resetting resets your router settings, including your IP address, password, and username to their default.
Arris Router Password List (Updated June 2021)
|Model||Default Username||Default Password||Default IP address|