Read This & Set Up Arris SBG6700-AC Port Forwarding Within Minutes
To set up Arris SBG6700-AC port forwarding, you need to set up an IP address, log in to the router, find the port forwarding section, and create a port forward entry. We simplify this process with a step by step guide as follows;
Set up a Static IP Address
While setting up a static IP address might be optional, this setup is important to make your port forward possible in case of a power outage or if your device reboots.
Log in To Your Arris SBG6700-AC Router
Since your Arris SBG6700-AC has a web interface, you need a browser such as Chrome, Internet Explorer, Edge, or Firefox to log in. Find your address bar on your chosen browser, replace the address with your Arris SBG6700-AC router IP address, and press Enter. This action will open a box requiring you to input your username and password.
Input the default router Username: admin and Password: password or your credentials if you changed the default details. Click the Login button and log in to your router.
Find the Port Forwarding Section
To find the port forwarding section on your Arris SBG6700-AC, go to the first page on your router and perform the following steps:
- Click the Advanced button at the top of the page to open a new menu
- Now, click on Port Forwarding on the new menu
- Click the Create IPv4 button
Create a Port Forward Entry
To create a port forward entry in your Arris SBG6700-AC router, follow these steps:
- On the Local IP address, enter the IP address receiving the forwarded ports. This could be the IP address of your computer or another device within your network.
- For single port forwarding, enter the port number in both the End Port/Local Start and End Port/External Start boxes.
- When forwarding many ports, enter the least number in the left-hand End Port/Local Start and End Port/External Start boxes and the highest number in the right-hand End Port/Local Start and End Port/External Start boxes.
- On the Description box, input any name to remind you why you are forwarding these ports.
- On the Protocol box, select the protocol, whether TCP or UDP or Both.
- Select On from the Enabled dropdown
- Click the Apply button to open the ports and test them.