Arris TG1670A Port Forwarding Guide: All You Need To Know
Your Arris TG1670A router features a firewall that blocks unauthorized incoming and outgoing connections from your network. To perform some tasks in your network, you need to open specific connections by creating a port forward. We give you a step by step process for Arris TG1670A port forwarding, from setting a static IP address to creating a port forward entry for your game or application.
Static IP Address Set Up
You need a static IP address for the device receiving the forwarded ports. This ensures the port forwarding reliability in case of a power outage or your device reboots.
Log in To Your Arris DG1670A Router
Your Arris TG1670A router uses a web interface. This implies that you need a web browser such as Chrome, Firefox, or Edge to log in. On your chosen browser, input the Arris TG1670A default IP address, 192.168.0. 1., in the address bar and press Enter. This action will open a window prompting your username: admin and password: password. Input the credentials and press enter to log in.
Find The Port Forwarding Section On Your Router
After a successful login, click on the Firewall tab. On the left-hand margin of your screen, find the Port Forwarding/Virtual Servers tab. From this tab, you can proceed to create a port forward entry.
Create A Port Forward Entry
To create a port forward entry on your Arris TG1670A router, select the ADD tab on the port forwarding section and proceed as follows:
- Enter a name in the Description field to remind you why you created this port forward entry.
- Input the inbound port for the Virtual server in the Inbound Port Field. The range of the inbound port field should match that of the Local Port field.
- Use the dropdown in the Format Field to set the format to TCP, UDP, or Both.
- Enter the IP address of the device you are forwarding the port to in the Private IP Address field.
- Enter the local port address in the Local Port field. This address should be of the same range as the Inbound Port Field.
- Once you finish the above set up, click Add Virtual Server to configure the Port Forward.
- You can now test your ports to check whether they are open.