Arris TG1672G Port Forwarding Guide: Set It Up Within Minutes
Your Arris router features a firewall that blocks unwanted incoming connections. However, to effectively game or run programs, you need to unblock your home network through port forwarding. We give you a step by step guide on how to set up Arris TG1672G port forwarding from setting up a static IP address, logging in to your router, finding and creating a port forward entry.
Set Up a Static IP Address On Your Device
Every time your device reboots, it gets a new IP address, which will affect the port forwarding. Assigning a Static IP address to the device receiving the forwarded ports ensures a successful port forward even if your device reboots or in case of a power outage. To assign a static IP address, find and click on the DHCP Reservations on your admin panel.
Open Your Router’s Management Portal and Log In
Your Arris TG1672G uses a web interface. Thus, to log in, open your browser, either Edge, Firefox, or Chrome. Find the address bar on your chosen browser and replace the address with the IP address of your Arris TG1672G router, 192.168.0.1. This action will open a page prompting you to log in to the Admin panel. Copy-paste the default username: admin and password: password of your Arris TG1672G router to log in.
Navigate To the Port Forwarding Section of Your Router
Logging in opens your Arris TG1672G router homepage. You can now create a port forwarding entry from this page.
Create a Port Forwarding Entry
To create a port forwarding entry on your Arris TG1672 router, follow these steps:
- Select Add New/Create tab on your router
- Enter a name on the Description/ Application name. This name serves as a reminder of the reason for the forward.
- Input the static IP address of the device receiving the forwarded ports
- Enter the ports you are forwarding in the Global Port Range boxes.
- Select the protocol, whether TCP, UDP, or Both, in the Protocol dropdown.
- In case you see the External IP addresses field, input 0.0.0.0 in it.
- Select the Enable checkbox if available on your router
- Once you finish, click Save to enable port forwarding on your Arris TG1672G router.
- After creating the port forward entry, test it to ensure the ports are open.