Arris TG862 Port Forwarding: Easy And Simple To Set Up
Your Arris TG862 router features a firewall that protects your network from unauthorized access. Port forwarding your Arris TG862 router opens this firewall allowing you to run specific applications, including games, faster and better. To port forward your Arris TG862, you need to know how to set up an IP address, log in to your router, find and create a port forward. We give you a step by step guide on how to set up Arris TG862 port forwarding.
Setting Up a Static IP Address
Static IP address set up for the device receiving the forwarded port is necessary to ensure your ports remain open in case of a power outage or if your device reboots.
Log in to Your Router
Your Arris TG862 uses a web interface. Therefore, to log in and access its pages, you need a web browser such as Chrome, Edge, or Firefox. On your browser, find the address bar at the top of the page and replace the address with your Arris TG862 router IP address, which is 10.0.0.1. Press enter on your keyboard to open a page prompting your username and password. Input your credentials if you changed them in the past or the default Arris TG862 router Username: admin and Password: password to log in to your router.
Find The Port Forwarding Section
To find the port forwarding section, go to the first page of your router and perform the following:
- Click Advanced tab
- Click the Port Forwarding option.
- Click the +ADD SERVICE.
Create A Port Forward
To create a port forward entry, follow these steps:
- Select Other in the Services Name
- Input a name in the Other Service box as a reminder of the reason behind this entry creation.
- Input the IP address in the Server IP address box. This IP address can be your computer or other devices within your network receiving the forwarded ports.
- For single port forwarding, enter the port number in the Start Port and End Port boxes.
- For a range of ports forwarding, enter the lowest number in the Start Port box and the highest number into the End Port box.
- Click the Save button after inputting all the entries.
- Finally, test your ports to check whether the ports forwarded correctly.