Set Up Asus RT-AC66U Router Port Forwarding Easily With This Guide
Asus RT-AC66U Router port forwarding helps create a direct connection between your gaming console/PC and your online competition. It is safe, easy to set up, and, most importantly, is designed to elevate your gaming experience. Here’s how you’ll set it up:
Log in to your Asus RT-AC66U Router
- Use any web browser on your PC to log in to your router. You can do this by entering the router’s IP address into the browser address bar.
- Use your credentials and log in.
Enable Port Forwarding
It’s similarly simple from this point on. The following set of instructions will walk you through the entire port forwarding process:
- Click on the WAN option located on the bottom-left of the screen.
- Now, click on the Port Forwarding tab at the top of the page.
- Click on Enable Port Forwarding.
- You’ll see an empty list open in front of you and give it a Service Name. This is the name for this forward and won’t have any effect on the actual port forwarding process.
- In the Port Range, enter the range of ports. These are typically the lowest and dash highest ports in the range.
- Enter the IP address of your gaming console/PC in the Local IP box.
- Select the protocol you want to forward in the Protocol box.
- When finished, click on Add and then Apply.
- Ideally, reboot your router to let the changes take effect. Note that this may be done automatically.
Ports To Forward
There’s a comprehensive list of ports you can use for both incoming and outgoing TCP or UDP connections. You can find these in all our port forwarding guides for most popular games on the PS4, Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS3, and your PC.