Set Up AT&T Home Base Port Forwarding In A Matter Of Minutes
An AT&T Home Base router has a firewall that keeps your home network safe from any unauthorized external access. However, you’ll notice a visible improvement in some games’ performance if you open additional connections using AT&T Home Base port forwarding. Doing this directs specific connections on your network to specific devices on your network, such as your specified PC/gaming console. Read on below to learn all the steps you need to take to set it up flawlessly.
Getting Started With AT&T Home Base Port Forwarding
To get started, you’ll need to login to the AT&T Home Base router interface. You can use any web browser of your choice to do so and follow these steps:
- Go to the address bar and type in your router’s IP Address.
- Once you see the login screen, login with your credentials (Unless you changed them, the default login password for AT&T Home Base router is “attadmin”).
- You’ll now see the home page.
- Click on Settings in the left sidebar.
- Now, click on the tab titled Firewall.
- You’ll see an option of Port Forwarding. Open it.
You can now create a port forward entry. Follow these simple steps afterward:
- Click on the dot next to the Port Forwarding settings and select Enable.
- Now, enter the IP address of the device you want to forward the IP Address to (This can be your PC or your gaming console’s IP address).
- Enter the port numbers in the left and right Port Range. Also, select the specific Protocol you’re forwarding (Find the ports to use by scrolling down below).
- Optionally, give this entry a name in the Comment box.
- When you’re all done, select Apply.
Ports To Use
You can use the following ports for port forwarding:
Protocol TCP: 3074
Protocol UDP: 3074
Yasir enjoys reading and writing about the latest developments in the world of AI and cybersecurity. A firm believer in the right to digital privacy for all, he shares his thoughts on issues both controversial and menial. His other interests include chess, reading, and looking to the horizon in his best Luke Skywalker impression.