How To Set Up Barotrauma Port Forwarding: All The Important Info
Most router designs feature a firewall that acts as a barrier between the public internet and your home network. The firewall blocks incoming connections and malicious traffic from accessing your network. However, to effectively run some programs, applications, and games, you need to port forward specific ports on your router to allow incoming connections. Port forwarding Barotrauma is a useful gaming trick that improves and stabilizes your internet connection, giving you a fantastic gaming experience. We give you a detailed guide on Barotrauma port forwarding on your router.
Things You’ll Need Beforehand
To port forward Barotrauma, you will need the following information:
- Your router’s IP address
- The IP address of your PC or gaming console
- The TCP and UDP ports you need to forward for Barotrauma.
Find Your Router’s IP address
Finding your router’s IP address is a straightforward process comprising the following steps:
- On your windows search bar, enter the Command Prompt.
- Type ‘ipconfig /all’ on the Command Prompt window
- Your router’s address will appear next to the Default Gateway.
How To Port Forward Barotrauma
Port forwarding Barotrauma comprises the following steps:
- Open a browser and navigate to your router’s IP. Since routers feature a web interface, you will need a web browser such as Edge, Chrome, or Firefox to log in and access your router pages. Find the address bar on your chosen browser and replace the address with your router’s IP address, then press Enter. This action will open a window prompting you to enter your login credentials. Use your router’s default credentials to log in if you have not changed them in the past.
- Find the port forwarding section of your router. To find this section, click the Advanced tab, then Port Forwarding or Virtual Server.
- Enter the IP address of your PC or gaming device in the appropriate box
- Enter the ports for Barotrauma that you are forwarding in the port field.
- Select the protocol like TCP, UDP, or Both in the Protocol dropdown.
- Enter the IP address of the device you are forwarding the ports to.
- Reboot your router for the changes to take effect.
Ports To Forward
The following are the specific ports you will forward for Barotrauma.
Barotrauma – PC
- Protocol UDP: 14242
Barotrauma – Steam
- Protocol TCP: 27036-27037, 27015-27030
- Protocol UDP: 27036, 27000-27031, 4380