Contraband is an open-world game from Avalanche Studios, set in the fictional Bayan. It’s a co-op smuggling simulation where you take on missions to upgrade your gear and make enough money to retire.
Getting Started With Contraband Port Forwarding
Routers feature a basic firewall. This firewall acts as a security feature by blocking unauthorized incoming connections, including malicious traffic and hacker attempts. However, games like Contraband will play better if you open some ports on your router. Contraband port forwarding bypasses the firewall limitation to enable you to connect with other gamers online, host games, make video calls, and chat, with minimum lags and pings, thereby creating an amazing gaming experience. Read through this guide to learn how to set up port forwarding for Contraband.
Related: What is Port Forwarding
Things You’ll Need Beforehand
For successful Contraband Port Forwarding, you will need the following details beforehand:
- The IP address of your router
- The IP address of your gaming console. This could be your PC, Xbox One, or PlayStation. This address can be static or dynamic. A static IP address will not change in case of a power outage, when your device reboots, or the other device disconnects. This is unlike the dynamic address, which will change in case of any of these scenarios. Thus, for successful Contraband port forwarding, you will need a static IP address of your gaming console. A static IP address eliminates downtime by ensuring no break in the port forwarding process.
- The TCP and UDP ports of Contraband that you will forward.
Locating Your Router’s IP Address
Before starting the port forwarding process, you need to know your router’s IP address. An IP address comprises a series of numbers separated by dots. This address is unique to your router model, and it is what identifies it on the internet. To find out this address, follow the steps below:
- Click the Start icon on your PC. This action will pop up the Windows Search bar.
- Type Command Prompt on the Windows Search bar and press Enter
- In the open Command Prompt, type ipconfig/all
- You will see your router’s IP address next to the Default Gateway title.
How to Port Forward Contraband
Contraband Port Forwarding is a simple process, yet very few players can do it on their own. To port forward Contraband, follow the steps below:
- Log in to your router. Routers feature a web interface, implying that you will need a web browser such as Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Microsoft Edge to log in and access the setup page. On your chosen browser, proceed with the steps below:
- Enter your router’s IP address on the Address bar, then press Enter. A dialog box will open for you to log in with your credentials.
- Enter your router’s default credentials or updated logins if you had changed them in the past. If you have forgotten your credentials, try the different password combinations for your router model. If you are still unable to log in, you will need to hard reset your router. However, a hard reset should be the last resort as it restores your router to factory settings.
- Once logged in to your router, locate the Port Forwarding section. This could be under the Virtual Server or Apps and Gaming, depending on your router model. Click Port Forwarding to open the page.
- On the Port Forwarding page, click the Service tab and enter a name for this port forward entry. The name will not affect the configuration but serves as a reminder of why you created this entry.
- Enter the IP address of your gaming console in the appropriate box.
- Select the protocol in the protocol dropdown. Depending on your router model, you may have the Both or the TCP/UDP protocols. If your router has the Both protocol, you are lucky, as you will create one entry. Otherwise, create two entries if your router only supports the TCP/UDP protocols.
- Enter the TCP and UDP ports of Contraband in their appropriate boxes. While doing this, pay attention to the single ports and those in a range.
- Reboot your router to apply the port forwarding configuration.
- Test your ports to check whether they successfully opened.
Ports to Forward for Contraband
The following is a list of ports that your will forward for Contraband if you are using Xbox Series X:
Contraband – Xbox Series X
|UDP:||88, 3544, 3074, 500, 4500|