Netgear R7000 Router port forwarding is easy to set up and completely safe. In simple terms, it creates a direct connection between your gaming console/PC and other players online. It does so by setting specific instructions within your router about what to do with incoming traffic. Here’s all you’ll need to do:
Log in to your Netgear R7000 Router
- Open any web browser on your PC to log in to your router. You can do this easily by entering the router’s IP address into the browser address bar.
- Use your credentials and log in.
Enable Port Forwarding
This is a straightforward process if you follow these instructions:
- Click on the Firewall Settings at the top of the page.
- Afterward, click on Port Forwarding on the left-side of the screen.
- Click on Add in the center of the page.
- Enter a Service Name. This is the name for the particular forward.
- Click on Protocol Add Server.
- Select the protocol type from the Protocol dropdown menu.
- Choose Any from the Source Ports dropdown box.
- Enter the names of the ports you want to forward. The lowest port number should go in the left Source Ports box and the highest will be inputted in the right Source Ports box.
- Enter the IP address of the gaming console/PC you want it to connect to.
- Click on Apply near the bottom of the screen to save these changes.
- Finally, reboot your router for these changes to take effect.
Ports To Forward
Want to skip the work? try a Port Forwarding add-on
Why struggle through the Port Forwarding process when you can manage it easily with a Port Forwarding add-on? Try for yourself!Port Forward Now
This utility can easily help you forward any ports within seconds. So, enjoy fast and safe router port forwarding with this Port Forwarding add-on.