Port Forwarding is a pretty handful technique in eliminating access to unrequired internet networks to increase the efficiency of your activity. The Netgear Orbi RBK50 router has a firewall used to carry out this technique as the firewall is used to forward a port on your local network.
Orbi Port Forwarding is straightforward only if you follow the steps mentioned below. The process is divided into four phases:
Phase 1: Setting up a static IP address:
- Setting up a static IP address of a device on which you want to Port Forward on Orbi is crucial so that the ports don’t deactivate on restarting a device.
- Finding an IP address is super easy. Enter the settings of a device and turn off the DHCP option. Subsequently, you’ll find a portion to enter some text. Enter a new IP address and save the changes.
- The advantage of setting up a static IP address is that it doesn’t change. For instance, you turned on your gaming device. And each time you turn on the console, the gaming device or a console would receive a different IP address from an Orbi router. Consequently, the Port Forwarding on Orbi won’t work. Thus, only the static IP address setup assists Port Forwarding.
Phase 2: Logging into Orbi RBK50 router:
- To log into the Orbi RBK50 router, open the web browser. Any browsers such as Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, etc., will work fine. You can then move onto the address bar and enter the router’s IP address. By default, it is 192.168.1.1.
- The Orbi RBK50 router login page opens up with a couple of blank fields named Password and Username. Input “Admin” for username and “password” for password.
- Now, click on login, and you’ll be directed to the router’s login page.
Hindrance to logging in:
|Router has a different firmware: Some routers have different default usernames and passwords; thus, it gets difficult to enter their control panel. In such a case, you must search for the username and password of the model of your router on the internet.|
|Forgotten the modified password: If you ever changed the router’s password and have now forgotten it, the simplest solution is to reset the Orbi RBK50 router. For resetting, you can press and hold the reset button on your router for 30 seconds. This will erase the modified setting and will set it to default.|
Phase 3: Search for a Netgear Orbi Port Forwarding Page on your router:
- Click on the Advanced tab on the top left-hand side of the Basic Home page.
- On the left sidebar that appears, select Advanced Setup.
- Now select Port Forwarding/Port Triggering.
- Then select Add Custom Service. This lands you on the page from where you can Port Forward on Orbi.
Phase 4: Creating a Port Forwarding entry:
- Enter a meaningful service name so that you remember the rule you created.
- Then you enter the port number you want to use for Orbi RBK50 router Port Forwarding. The port numbers you enter can be separated by numbers (30,36) or hyphens (25-26). It can also be a combination of both (30,36,25-26). The most common ports are 80 for requesting handling of website opening and 21 for file sharing over a network.
- Move on to the selection of protocols. The options open up are TCP, UDP, TCP/UDP, Both, or all. Select the port preferred for the specific application you want to use. For example, Xbox Live uses TCP/UDP for port 3074.
- Additionally, don’t forget to tick the “Use the same port range for internal port” box. Now enter the IP address of the device you want to forward the ports to.
- Finally, save all the changes by clicking on the “Apply” button.
After following all these steps, check whether the ports have been forwarded or not. It can be inferred by using the website canyouseeme.org. Enter the port number you want to check and click “Check Port.” This will verify that the steps are executed accurately.
Orbi RBK50 Port Forwarding is no more tricky for you. But besides Orbi, if there is any other router that you find complex to port forward, do look out for our routers list to find a way out of your problem.