Routers are designed in a way that they do not allow incoming connections. This is due to their firewall feature that blocks unauthorized connections and malicious traffic. However, Stardew Valley can play better if you forward incoming connections from the router to the game. For this reason, you require port forwarding. Through port forwarding, you can host Stardew Valley on your server, and other gamers can access it for a fantastic gaming experience. We give you a step by step guide on how you set up Stardew port forwarding take your gaming experience to an amazing new level.
Things You’ll Need Beforehand
Before port forwarding Stardew Valley, you need the following details:
- The IP address of your router
- The IP address of your PC or gaming console
- The TCP or UDP ports that you will forward
Finding Out Your Router’s IP Address
Finding the IP address of your router is simple with the following three steps:
- On your windows search bar, enter the Command Prompt.
- Type ‘’ipoconfig/all’’ on the Command Prompt window
- You will find your router’s IP address next to the Default Gateway.
How To Port Forward Stardew Valley
To port forward Stardew Valley, follow the steps below:
- Log in to your router. Since most routers feature a web interface, you need a web browser to log in. Open your browser, either Chrome, Edge, or Firefox, and find the address bar. Replace the address on the address bar with your router’s IP address, and press Enter to open the login window. Enter your router’s default credentials if you have not changed them in the past.
- Find the port forwarding section of your router by clicking the Advanced tab then the Port Forwarding link.
- Enter the IP address of your gaming device or PC in the appropriate box
- Select the protocol in the Protocol dropdown and enter the TCP and UDP ports for Stardew Valley.
- Reboot your router for the changes to effect.
Ports To Forward
The following comprises the ports you will need to forward for Stardew Valley.
- Protocol UDP: 24642
- Protocol TCP: 3478-3480, 1935
- Protocol UDP: 3478-3479, 3074
- Protocol TCP: 29920, 29901, 29900, 28910, 12400, 6667
- Protocol UDP: 1-65535
- Protocol TCP: 3074
- Protocol UDP: 4500, 3544, 3074, 500, 88
- Protocol TCP: 27036-27037, 27015-27030
- Protocol UDP: 27026, 27000-27031, 24642, 4380