Easiest TP-Link C1200 Router Port Forwarding Setup Guide Online
Setting up TP-Link C1200 Router port forwarding is not only safe but reasonably easy. In layman’s terms, port forwarding creates a direct connection between your gaming console/PC and other players online. Additionally, it leads to a faster data connection and better ping times. Please read on below to learn how to set it up within a few minutes.
- Log in To Your TP-Link C1200 Router
- You’ll have to log in to your router by using any web browser (To access the login page, enter your router’s IP Address in the address bar)
- Use your credentials and access the settings page in your TP-Link router.
Create A Port Forwarding Entry
While it might seem technical, the entire TP-Link C1200 Router port forwarding process will take no more than a few minutes if you follow these steps:
- Scroll down to the port forwarding section in your router.
- Click on NAT within the port forwarding section.
- Now click Virtual Servers in the dropdown menu.
- Click on Add New.
- This will open a new window. Here, you can enter the ports to forward.
- Now, enter the IP Address of the gaming console/PC you wish to connect.
- In the Status dropdown box, choose Enabled.
- Save the settings and reboot the router for the changes to take effect.
Ports To Forward
You’ll need a list of ports whenever you want to set up port forwarding for any game. Fortunately, you can find these in all our port forwarding guides for most of the popular games on the PS4, Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS3, and your PC.