Ubee’s DDW 365 Router is a WiFi hotspot with an external antenna that can broadcast up to 360 degrees.
Ubee designed the DDW-365 for people who need more internet coverage in remote locations, where homes are farther apart and walls reflect signals back into wireless routers. This model has been optimized to work over longer distances than other Ubees so you don’t have to keep moving your device around or get frustrated by intermittent connections, just install it on top of its included high performance 18 dBi centerline omni directional wifi antenna and aim outwards!
Getting Started With Ubee Port Forwarding
Devices within your home network connect to the internet through a router. These devices are inaccessible by other devices on the internet. This is because routers feature a basic firewall that blocks incoming requests and connections from the internet. This feature secures your home network from malicious traffic and hacker attempts. However, to play certain games and run some applications, you need to open some ports on your Ubee DDW 365 router. Port forwarding stabilizes your connection and improves your overall speed. If you are a gamer, opening ports will enable you to host games, reduce the lag and pings, and get rid of the frequent disconnections when gaming, giving you a fantastic gaming experience.
Things You’ll Need Beforehand
For successful Ubee port forwarding, you will need the following details beforehand:
- The IP address of your router
- The IP address of your PC or gaming console (It should be static)
- The TCP and UDP address of the games or applications you are forwarding
Finding the Static IP Address
An IP address is a series of numbers separated by dots that identifies the devices within your network. Routers have two IP addresses, the public, and Private IP addresses. Other users on the internet use the public IP address to access your network. The private IP address, also known as the Default Gateway, is what devices in your home network use to connect to the internet. It is also the address that you will use to configure settings such as port forwarding.
Also, this address can be dynamic or static. A dynamic IP address will change in case of a power outage, if the other device disconnects, or if your device reboots. Thus, for uninterrupted port forwarding, you will need a static IP address. Using this address ensures your ports remain open in case of any of the above scenarios.
You can find your router’s static IP address using the Command Prompt by following the steps below:
- Press the Windows key on your keyboard or click the Windows icon on the lower left of your screen. This action will open the Search bar.
- Type cmd on the Search bar and press Enter.
- On the open CMD Prompt, type ipconfig/all and Enter. The IP address of your router is located next to the Default Gateway.
- You should also take note of the IPv4 address, DNS Servers, and the Subnet Mask from this window, as you will need to use them later.
- Type Exit, then press the Enter button to close the Command Prompt.
Alternatively, follow the steps below to find your router’s IP address:
- Log into your router.
- Go to the DHCP Reservation section under your Advanced Networking section
- Hit the + (Plus sign) if needed.
- Find the device matching the MAC address you want to reserve.
- Specify an IP address that you can remember, or save the one currently assigned to it. That’s your new IP address and now your router will assign it the same IP (now a static IP) every time you power on the device.
How to Port Forward Your Ubee DDW 365 Router
Ubee port forwarding is a useful gaming trick, yet most gamers find it difficult to do this configuration on their own. While it seems complicated, port forwarding is a simple process requiring you to adjust some settings on your router with a few mouse clicks. To port forward your Ubee router, follow the steps below:
- Log in to your router. Routers feature a web interface, implying that you will need a web browser such as Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge, or Chrome to log in. First, find the Address bar, enter your Ubee DDW 365 router’s IP address on your chosen browser, and press Enter. This action will open a window prompting you to log in with your credentials. Enter your default username and password or your updated credentials if you had changed them in the past, then click the login tab. The default IP address for Ubee DDW 365 is 192.168.0.1, default username user, and default password is user.
- Navigate to the port forwarding section. From your Ubee DDW 365 router’s homepage, click the Advanced link near the top of the page. The menu on the left will remain the same and a new menu will open. From the new menu, click Forwarding then click the Create IPv4 button near the center of the page.
- Create a port forward entry. To create a port forward entry, start by entering the IP address in the Local IP box to forward these ports. If you are port forwarding in order to run a program or application on another device other than your PC, you can enter this device’s IP address on this box.
- If you are forwarding a single port, enter this number into the Local Start and End Port boxes and the External Start and End Port boxes. On the other hand, if you are forwarding a range of ports, enter the lowest number of the range in the Local Start Port and the highest number into the Local End and External End Port boxes.
- Select the protocol in the Protocol dropdown. This could be Both, UDP, or TCP. If your router supports the Both protocol, you will make one entry but two if it does not, one for UDP and the other for TCP ports.
- Enter a name in the Description box to remind you of the reason for this port forward. This name does not affect the port forwarding configuration.
- On the Enabled dropdown list, choose On
- After finishing the above setup, click Apply. This action will effect the changes, and your ports should open. You can then test your ports to check whether they are open.
Ports to Forward for Ubee DDW 365 Router
The ports to forward on your Ubee router will vary depending on the game or application you are running, and you can find this list online.
Adil Advani is committed to sharing his valuable insights into everything security, privacy, and gaming. When not working, he loves experimenting with different things, traveling with friends, and playing online games.