Routers have a big job: they connect multiple devices to the internet and need to figure out how to handle inbound traffic. By default, inbound traffic is filtered as there are no rules telling the router what to do with the traffic. However, to enjoy your Unturned gaming experience, you’ll need to open some ports on your firewall to allow connection with other gamers. Port forwarding Unturned also improves your gaming experience by stabilizing and improving your internet speed. We give you a step by step guide on how you can set up Unturned port forwarding and take your gaming experience to a new level.
Things You’ll Need Beforehand
Before port forwarding Unturned, you will need the following information:
- Your router’s IP address
- The IP address of your PC or gaming console
- The TCP and UDP ports you will forward for Unturned.
Find Your Router’s IP Address
Finding your router’s IP address is straightforward with the following three steps:
- Enter the Command Prompt on your windows search bar
- Type ‘ipconfig /all’ on the Command Prompt window
- Your router’s IP address will appear next to the Default Gateway.
How to Port Forward Unturned
To port forward Unturned, follow the steps below:
- Log in to your router. To log in, you will need a web browser due to the web interface feature on your router. The browser can be Edge, Firefox, or Chrome. Open your chosen browser, find the address bar and replace the address on it with your router’s IP address then press Enter. This action will open a window prompting you to enter your login credentials. Use your router’s default credentials to log in if you have not changed them before.
- Find the port forwarding section on your router. To find the port forwarding section, click the Advanced tab then Port Forwarding or Virtual Server.
- Enter the IP address of your PC or gaming console in the appropriate box
- Select UDP, TCP, or Both protocols in the Protocol dropdown.
- Enter the TCP and UDP ports for Unturned in the appropriate box
- Reboot your computer for the changes to effect
Ports To Forward
The specific ports that you will forward for Unturned include:
Unturned – Steam
- TCP: 27036-27037, 27015-27030
- UDP: 27035, 27000, 4380
Unturned – PlayStation 4
- TCP: 3478-3480, 1935
- UDP: 3478-3479, 3074
Unturned – Xbox One
- TCP: 3074
- UDP: 4500, 3544, 3074, 500, 88