Why Do We Forward Ports for Bobcat Miner – TCP 44158
Port forwarding is a famous and handy technology one can use to extend the number of users accessing a particular system. If you have no idea what port forwarding is or how to forward port, this article is a guide for everyone. Even if you don’t know what forwarding is, you have surely felt the need unknowingly in the past!
Now, port forwarding is a technology by which you can use someone else’s system and use their applications and software as you use yours on your own computer. This means that you can view whatever documents they have processed and make changes as per the need.
However, before you can forward the port, your router and bobcat miner need to be set to establish a stable connection. Keep in mind that although the process is very simple and straightforward, one needs to make sure each step is carried out accurately. We advise this because a slight misspell or typing error can leave the effort wasted.
To forward a port, it is best if one first understands the process of port forwarding. If you wish to connect to another friend’s computer through a bobcat miner, you will have to first send a request to the other device so that you can establish a connection.
However, not only the other computer has to recognise your IP, but the bobcat miner should also let your IP pass. Once the router or miner recognises your IP address (or port number specifically) through their memory, it is easy to forward the port.
Thus, there are three key pieces of information that you need to know to forward port for bobcat miner in your router:
- Router IP Address: this is your router’s identification on the internet; you will access the Router Configuration page through your Router IP.
- Device IP Address: this is your device’s identification on the internet; this address will be used to fill in some sections on the Router Configuration page.
- TCP Port number/ UDP port number: this is the key identification of both devices involved in the remote data sharing. Ports numbers are specific to their functions and nature. For instance, ports 1024 to 49151 are the most reliable and registered ports for remote data sharing.
Internal Configuration of the router is used to make any alterations as required while you carry out remote data exchange. Now that you are aware of this section inside your router settings, you can freely make other changes as well.
- Step 1: The first step is to gather information to change your router settings. This information will help you log in to your router’s internal configuration page. You need your Router’s IP address and the device’s IP address to log in.
- Step 2: You can open your system’s “Command Prompt“, which will tell you both the router’s IP address and your device’s IP address. You can locate the IP address of your router (which is your router’s identification in the open web) in the “Command Prompt” of your system.
Now, to log in to the page, you should copy both the IP addresses (your Router’s and devices’ IP) that you find under the ‘default gateway’ heading.
- Step #3: Next, you will enter your IP into the web browser, after which a login page will open. Enter the credentials you just copied, and the router’s internal configuration page will open right in front of you.
Other ways of finding the router’s IP are also pretty straightforward; it is often written right at the back of the device. However, many times there is too much information gathered at the back that you can’t read the IP address very clearly. A reliable idea to overcome this problem can be to note down your Router’s IP (and your device’s IP) when you meet the network provider.
Steps To forwarding Ports For Bobcat Miner
When you have finally logged in to the the Internal Router Configuration, the key step is to fill in the right info to create a port forward for Bobcat Miner in your router. Following are the steps to be followed on a port forwarding configuration page.
1) Port Forwarding Section
Once you have been logged into the Configuration Page, the very first step is to open up the “Port forwarding section”. This is the section where all the details are to be input for processing the request from the other computer. Without opening this page, there is no other way to allow your router to forward the port number you wish to offer remote control of your system.
2) Entering the application name
Right at the beginning of the port forwarding section, you will see the ‘application name’ box empty. Here you are supposed to type in the application name of the device that the other user has. One may also call this application by a remote desktop or hotspot, laptop etc.
Examples also include smartphones or tablets. The significance of this information is to get to know what kind of connection is being established, such as a laptop to laptop or mobile to mobile connection to forward the remote desktop connection port.
Your system takes this information because the TCP ports begin data exchange by ‘handshaking’. Therefore, it needs to know what type of devices ate involved in handshaking.
3) Entering the port number
The port number is a 4 digit number such as 500 or 3248, which serves as an identification number of the device you connect your application or device to. In the next empty box of the port forwarding section, you should type in the IP address or the protocol address of the device which has sent the request for remote control.
This is the most essential or the key information while attempting to forward the request from the bobcat miner to your personal computer from another computer over the web.
Next, after you have entered all this, you need to save the settings so that your computer or any other device would finally know where to forward the request.
Tips for a better connection:
To ensure a better connection free of any obstacles and a smooth request forwarding process, there are some pieces of advice you may find helpful.
- If, during the process of getting the router to forward the request, you view something such as ‘relayed status’ or ‘HOTSPOT RELAYED’, do not begin the steps to port forward yet!
This message suggests that the router or Bobcat miner is not directly connected to the internet. Moreover, you are most likely to get the notification of ‘HOTSPOT RELAYED’ if you are using a mobile phone.
- Before starting the entire processing of going on to the web and typing your IP address and then going onwards, the first thing you need to ensure is that your router has a “static IP“. If you have a static IP, you’re a good go. This makes sure that your IP address has not changed and doesn’t often change with changes in the router’s versions.
Q. 1) Can You Reset Bobcat Miner?
If you wish to halt the forwarding process and reset the miner, it is undoubtedly possible. It is easy to reset the miner; however, it is likely that all your saved settings could change or port forwarding could pause midway. If you are aware of these outcomes, the following are the steps to reset your bobcat miner.
- Switch to an ethernet connection if you’re using Wifi. This is because ethernet works about 10x better than Wifi in terms of speed. Ethernet is very strong and reliable when it comes to port forwarding or setting the router.
- The next step is to find the RESET button on your miner and tap on it. When you press the button, you might notice that nothing happens immediately, but it takes a bit of time for the system to respond. Resetting the Bobcat Miner can take even up to 30 minutes.
- Lastly, you can also press the FASTSYNC button either before or after tapping on ‘Reset’. This button also doesn’t respond very quickly, and you will have to wait. However, it might speed up the process of resetting.
Q. 2) How to Check The Port is Open for a Bobcat Miner?
To check the status of the port, you need to browse to the ‘miner.json’ page. Simply type in this address on the web and tap on the very first link that appears. Here you will find quite a few options, but the relevant one for you when creating a port forward for bobcat miner in your router is the open/close button.
Since here we are talking about the TCP port 44158, the open status indicates open access while the port is available. This is a normal situation when you do port forwarding bobcat miner.
However, if the port is closed, you can not access it even if the page shows ‘open status. On the other hand, a closed status indicates the connection is “relayed”. We have already guided regarding a relayed connection above.
Q. 3) Do I Need To Restart After Port Forwarding Bobcat Miner?
You usually don’t need to reboot the miner to ensure the process is efficiently carried out. If you sure about having a reliable and secure connection, there is undoubtedly no need to restart and check again.
Also, when you have set the port forward prereqs, you can already see the port traffic (outgoing and incoming ports) clearly. A helpful tip is always to check if you can see the port traffic right there; if not, you can try rebooting the miner.
TCP and UDP are the common types of ports used to transmit data between devices. TCP (or transmission control protocol) is a more secure and safe option that enables host systems to make a connection and transmit data over the internet. However, UDP isn’t considered as much reliable or safe while carrying out data transmission or port forwarding.
The primary reason UDP is less popular is that its cycle doesn’t involve as many errors checking mechanisms to ensure safety and minimize data loss. Port numbers are an essential part of a connection’s identification; they represent the ‘endpoints’ of a communication network.
The port numbers from 1024 – to 49151 are most common for standard data transmission and internet services; others are rare and used for different purposes. Using port 44158 has particular advantages.
For instance, it carries out ‘handshaking’ of two devices and applies verification checks while ensuring accurate delivery of the data (not altering the order in which it was sent).
Now that you know a great deal about ports and miners, you can successfully manage bobcat miner port forwarding on your router. If you face any difficulties, check the prerequisites and tips suggested by us. These tips are not only tested and proven by us but are common used worldwide!